Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, March 27, 2015

What's Up?

I'm sure that is what you are thinking with my absence!  I see I have only posted here twice this month!  Shame on me!  sigh!

It all started when I got involved in a Bible journaling community on facebook.  This is like art journaling, only doing it in a Bible.....basically illustrating verses.  Here's a "few" examples (I actually ended up adding all of the ones I've done for you to see) to show you what I mean:

Very first entry using stamps and hand lettering.


The left hand page looks nice on this side.........

.......but the ink bled through, so.......

.......this is how I fixed that problem.  Taped this page I printed the letters on then drew the flowers and butterflies, etc.

I don't like doing the pages over the text, even though you can see the text, it is too distracting to read through it.
Not great writing (I don't have a pretty hand writing) but done by hand.

I like how this one turned out.  The tree and bird are from a book called Zinspirations.
A quickie using stamps, stickers and hand lettering.

In case you can't see the drawing very well, God's eye is directing "me" down the path of life.

Tim got this card for me several years ago and I liked the design of the heart and knew I could use it somewhere down the road.  Sure enough, I found a use for it!  :D
The lips and the tub are clip art I found on the internet.
Hand lettering

Found the lamb clip art on the internet.  The rest is mine done by hand.
You can see the bleed through from the page up above.  I covered this with washi tape (see very last picture)
I got the idea for this one from someone in the facebook group I belong to, Journaling Bible Community.

inspiration from an artist named, Karla Dornacher.
Stamps and hand lettering.

Hand lettering and coloring and washi tape down the edge.
These characters were from a coloring page I found on the internet.

More Zinspirations art.
More inspiration from Karla Dornacher.
Inspiration from the facebook group.
Washi tape background with stickers and stamps on top.
OK, that's it for tonight.  Hope you enjoyed looking at my new adventure!  :D

No comments: