Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

A Did-Something Day

After yesterday, I decided I needed to get some things done today!  :D  And I did!

I pulled the sewing machine out to make a cover for the pillow you see in the background for the neighbor, Lori McNew. I forgot to take a picture of the finished pillow.

 When it is very cold out, Buford (a member of our church) cannot come out to services, so I fix him audio CDs of Tim's messages.

I finished up the last of the leftovers from our get-together with the kids 2 1/2 weeks ago by turning the chicken and rice casserole into soup.  I added some water, a Ramen noodle flavor packet, onion, parsley, thyme, celery salt (cause I didn't have the real thing), and a bay leaf. I added a few more frozen veggies, too.  Let it boil long enough to cook the veggies good. Fixed a couple of grilled cheese sandwiches and it was a perfect meal for a cold day.

Here's my supplies for bandaging the tumor on Tim's chest every night.

The tumor is definitely changing after the radiation treatment.  And speaking of treatments, the doctor is going back to medicine #5 (which is the one that allowed lumps of melanoma to multiply very rapidly) because he is thinking the radiation may help it to work.  I have to honestly say that I am very skeptical (which is totally NOT part of my Having Only Positive Expectations (H.O.P.E.) for the year!  He told Tim to keep the current meds (#6 & 7) just in case.

Lori brought over some material today, which I have no place to store it because I already have too much material I need to do something with.  So, I decided to just whip up something quickly for Araya.  So, I am going to make her a simple, elasticized skirt.  But, I had so much of this material left still that I looked through my kids patterns and found a cute jacket pattern that I am going to make into a vest, instead.  That way Jessica can put a T-shirt underneath during the winter and then Araya can wear it sleeveless come summer time.....assuming she can even still wear it!  :D

Yes, I know Tim's mom is just loving this picture, since she hates Tim wearing his hoodie all the time!  :D  Well, tonight I had the housecoat on that she gave me for Christmas a couple of years ago.  I was wearing it because it did not get above 68 all day in the house!  It only got to 31 as a high outside!  Around 11 a.m. Tim turned the system off of heat pump (since it was so cold outside) and put it on emergency heat, which is electric heat.  After that, the temperature started dropping instead of getting warmer!  It got down to 66 and was 62 down in Tim's man-cave!  That is why he bundles up in his hoodie AND a blanket since it is so chilly tonight!  Anyway, I decided to throw the hood up on my housecoat to get my daily picture with Tim.

It is almost 12:30 a.m. and it is warmer in the house right now than it was all day.......69!  :D  Nite all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's CRAZY! I think the church needs to have your heat checked!!

Vicky said...

We just had a new compressor put on back in the summer. When it gets very cold down here, the heat pump just does not work very well in this big, old, spread-out house. Fortunately, we have very few days where the temps don't get in the upper 30s or 40s!