Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Art

I've been trying to keep up with about 3 different groups, but I'm not succeeding very well!  Just too much going on, especially since I've been working to organize my craft room better.  WOW!  What a time-hog it has been!  But, I've been able to get some art done at night, since I'm a night owl!  :D

First off, HOPE is my "WORD" for the year.  I'm praying to hear those words, "CANCER FREE" this year!  So, I made up this little graphic to depict my word.

One Little Word
One of the groups I have joined this year is Documented Life 2016.  They provide different prompts each week for being creative with.  This little card (2.5"x3.5") was created on a playing card.  This is the front and back.  I sewed the paper onto the card and added the little text boxes that I had typed and printed.  I printed out the head of the woman using a Graphics Fairy image and glued it to the paper after the sewing.  Then I turned the card over, printed out my HOPE graphic and glued it down and added the border with a marker and stamped the bottom "hope."
Documented Life 2016
This was done for the group, Documented Faith.  Every month focuses around a word.  Prayer is the word for January.  And each week through the month we are given a or some verses that deal with the word for the month.  I did this one digitally and then printed it on scrapbooking cardstock paper.  Cardstock always hangs up in my printer, so I about lost the top line of text.
Documented Faith
The third group is His Kingdom Come.  We are given a verse of scripture and we are to paint something that represents the verse.
His Kingdom Come
So, there is a bit about the different groups I will be centering my artwork around this year.

Here is today's picture of Tim and I getting ready to do one of our daily evening chores, which is to bandage the tumor on his left chest.
Saturday, January 16

No comments: