Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Progress

Yesterday I mentioned that Tim would be receiving a previous treatment that has already been tried for his cancer, but didn't work.  Since he has had a radiation treatment, the doctor feels like that will help somehow.  The treatment is an infusion.  The process is this:  check in, blood work, wait for the results of the blood work, doctor comes to tell you yay or nay on the blood work (checking liver numbers), yay means he contacts the pharmacy and they begin to thaw the medicine, wait for the medicine, the saline arrives, then the medicine arrives and the infusion begins.  About an hour later it is over and you go home.  Tim left around 9:45 this morning and got back around 2:30.  His next infusion will be in 3 weeks.  I do not go along on these infusions and he packs a lunch and a book, because most of the time is spent waiting.

Yesterday I also showed you a picture of a pillow cover I began for a girl at church.  Here is the finished picture.  The material is so soft.  Underneath the cover is a pillow of her mom's that she wanted to save, but the fabric is dry rotted.  So, the pillow itself is stuffed into one of those plastic bag holders.  That way when the cover needs to come off for washing, the pillow will still be intact.


Something else I started yesterday with some of the material the neighbor brought to me was an outfit for Araya.  I am almost finished with it.  I am working on binding the armholes and also want to make a matching headband.  The skirt is really full.  Here's a picture (just too tired to finish it tonight).


We are still eating lunch meat that I bought for our get-together New Year's weekend, but just had too much food to mess with it.  So, I bought some little hoagie buns and some shredded lettuce like you get at Subway.  Then I found a recipe for an oil and vinegar dressing for subs and mixed up a small portion (in case we didn't like it).  It is really pretty good!  Here's what we have eaten for lunch the last couple of days:


Yummy!
So, that's about it, except for the most important picture of the day..........taken in Tim's office at church:


No comments: