Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, January 22, 2016

A Thrifting We Will Go

Thursday is still Tim's day off and the day we go thrifting.  Several months ago we decided to change it up a bit and spread out to do thrifting in other areas.  So one week we head to Charlotte, another week we go to High Point, another week we go to what we refer to as the 4 corners of Winston.....Clemmons, Mocksville, Lexington, and Kernersville.  We hit the Goodwill on Jonestown road here in Winston as we head to Clemmons.  And then we do our regulars around here.  Since the weather was cold, we had decided to just do the regulars around here today.  We ate lunch at KFC and then went to Walmart to pick up a few things in case the weather they are predicting for us actually happens.  No!  We did not get milk, eggs and bread!  :D

The weather prediction for us yesterday was correct in that we were to get just a dusting of the white stuff.  When I thought about the church sign and the snow, I had to agree that God does have a big eraser.  He will erase our sins from our account when we trust the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior.  When we do that, He makes us clean, white as snow!

Dusting of snow on the roof.

I love how bright it is in my craft room with the blinds open and the afternoon sun shining in the windows.  And I'm glad to have a place cleared off to keep my sewing machine on all the time!  I finished Araya's outfit tonight except for getting some cute buttons for the top.

So, I'm curious.  I saw this cute sign at the thrift today.  But, if you look closely at the snowman, something is wrong with him.  Do you see what the problem is?  Tim spotted it!  :D

We forgot to think about one item we might need for the snow storm that is headed up the east coast.....a snow shovel!  We thought about AFTER we got back to the house and had actually been home for awhile.  So, we decided rather than wait, we would try to find one.  We went to a family hardware store up the street.....no snow shovels.  We went BACK to Walmart.....no snow shovels.  We headed to Lowes.....no snow shovels!  We gave up and came home.  If it snows bunches, we are just tough out of luck!  Unless the neighbor has one!

So, here's today's picture.  Stay safe, warm and dry!

No comments: