Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

It's Cold In The Valley

As warm and sunny as it has been lately, I wouldn't be surprised to see the daffodils blooming at church when we go tomorrow night!  The high temperature for us on Tuesday was 73 degrees!  73 wonderful degrees!  Man alive!  Do I love it!

I had a 60% off coupon for craft storage items at JoAnn Fabrics, so I dropped off some items to the Goodwill on the way to JoAnn's this morning!  I was disappointed!  They have their plastic storage things (actually ALL storage things) WAY over priced as far as I'm concerned!  Even with 60% off I wasn't going to give them what they wanted!  I did find a bunch of stuff in the clearance aisle.

I went to Ilene's afterward and picked her up, headed to Carolyn's to pick her up and we went to lunch at Randy's restaurant in Welcome.  I ate WAY too much for lunch!  Then I stopped at the gas station at the corner of Hinkle and Old US 52 in Welcome to get the famous Conrad Hinkle Pimento Cheese on the way back to Ilene's.  We worked on a puzzle until time to leave.  Mark had sent me a text wanting to know if we were working or riding this afternoon.  I texted him that we were riding!  He sent a grinning happy face and a thumbs up, so I knew I needed to be home by 3:30.

We let the dogs out and donned our biking gear and headed north to Hanging Rock.  On the way back we stopped at Zaxby's for a salad.  We left the house at a little after 4, stopping for gas on the way.  It was approximately 43 miles there.  We arrived back home at around 7:20.  It was a fun ride!  I took lots of cloud pictures!  The sky was GORGEOUS coming back, prettier than what the phone camera shows!  I've GOT to take my real camera with us the next time!

Coming down the home stretch on 109 we went through some valleys.  We both noticed how much the temperature dropped in those valleys.  I thought of those times when I'm in a spiritual valley and my heart is cold towards my Savior and my God.  It is a sad time.  But, praise the Lord, I'm thankful the Lord brings us out of those valleys back to the mountain top where there is warmth in our relationship with the Lord.  Life is much more pleasant on the mountain top near the Son than down in the cold valley!  Thank You, LORD, for bringing me back from those cold valleys to the happy place in my relationship with You!










See the pink pig and the gorilla on the left?




It seemed weird to me that we were on Rt. 8 South when we went to Morrow Mountain on Sunday.  And here we pick up Rt. 8 North to go to Hanging Rock.

Lots of curves to enjoy!





I'll take riding our bike any day!



I've never seen so many trees uprooted as I've seen over the past year with all of the rain we have had!

If you look carefully, you can see on the right that someone answered, "Yes he is" to the word, "Sovereign."  The only thing Mark and I would have changed is to make the h in He capitalized.  Yes, He is Sovereign!  Our God is Sovereign over ALL!!








Good tree-climbing trees.......





There is the Hanging Rock, which we did not go over to.

The sun hitting those clouds looked totally different than seen here.





I believe the little knob along the horizon about 1/3 of the way from the left is Pilot Mountain.  It isn't as easily seen here as it was with our eyes.....gotta take my camera next time!



Zaxby salads!  YUM!
Looks like we are going to have another beautiful day tomorrow, too!  Have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments: