Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, May 26, 2019

Weekend Fun With Family

It has been a busy and fun weekend with family.  My sister, Kim, who lives in Florida, arrived on Friday.  My daughter, Elisabeth, arrived not long after Kim got here, with Hannah, Ryan and Abby.  After Mark got home, he took the kids to the woods for dune buggying and 4-wheeling.  Ilene came over, too.  We all went to supper with the church group at 5:30 at the Carriage House in Winston.  Brad, my son-in-law, met us there.  Liz and Brad went home from the restaurant.  We went home to wait for my daughter Jessica and family coming from Ohio.  Ilene went home to wait for Jessica and Terry to spend the night.

Jessica and Terry and kids, Chance, Thad and Araya, arrived around 7:30.  We spent the evening visiting and Araya spent the night with us.  I led Jessica and Terry to Ilene's, since a bridge is out on the GPS route, to spend the night since we do not have room here.

Araya stayed up WAY too late helping me fix pretzel salad.  At one point she wanted her mommy.  However, Jessica had already told her that if she stayed, there was no mommy to come and get her.  So, when I reminded her of that, she laid down and went right to sleep.

Saturday, Jessica and Terry and the kids came over around 10 and the woods activities on the dune buggy and 4-wheelers began.   At noon we began to eat sloppy joes, baked beans, potato salad, macaroni salad and cole slaw.  Dessert was brownies and ice cream and pretzel salad.  Ilene came over after she went to some yard sales and ate lunch with us.

After lunch, even the ladies joined the guys and kids out in the woods.  I wanted to get some pictures of the activities.

Supper was left overs, Arby sandwiches and Domino's pizza, and more brownies and ice cream and pretzel salad.  All of the kids went to Ilene's to sleep.

After church today, Jessica and Terry came back to the house with us to eat lunch before heading for home.  It has been a good weekend!

Friday 





Sharon brought a cake to the restaurant
to celebrate Bobby's birthday.

All Abby ate was the green icing.


Enjoying the deck in the evening.



Saturday 

Mark found a pretty good sized black snake 
on the trails in the woods.


Fun on the big boy toys



The only cloud I saw on Saturday.
It was HOT!











Time for some motorcycle rides





Sunday

Kim treated us to supper after church.  Thanks, Kim!

Dear Lord,
Thank You for each and every soldier who has lost their life defending the freedoms of our nation so that I can serve You freely!  Comfort the hearts of every family missing a loved one who died defending my freedoms.  I pray in Jesus' name!

No comments: