Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, September 7, 2022

A Wet Ride on Labor Day

Monday forecast:  Scattered showers.

That was the forecast I remember someone talking about.  Well, those scattered showers seemed to be going the same direction we went on our bikes!  It wasn't too bad when just sprinkling, but it got worse and worse the longer we were out.  We finally had to resort to donning our rain gear on the way home after supper.

We did have a nice reprieve while we were at Dan Nicholas Park, but when the sun came out it was HOT and HUMID!  (We just can't be satisfied, can we? 😉)

We left here at 10:30 to meet Bobby and Joy at the gas station.  From there we traveled through Lexington to get to a Subway so we could get subs and chips to eat for lunch when we got to Dan Nicholas Park.  But, I began to sprinkle about 11:15.  It eventually got hard enough that we had to find shelter.  As it happened, the restaurant near the park that we had intended to eat lunch at, had it not been closed, had two awnings over the doors that we were able to park under, since no one was going in or out of the restaurant.  We took our lunch around to the outside dining area.  We stayed there until around 1:15 when the rain finally quit except for a few sprinkles.

Bobby bought some duck food and he fed the ducks hanging out around the lake.  It is always an entertaining activity, especially for the kids.

We then went into the kids section of the park where there is a water park, playground, animal habitats, train ride, carousel, shelters, and painted backgrounds with places for you stick your head through.

We left the park at 4:18 and went back through Lexington to eat supper at Applebee's.  We were probably there an hour and a half to 2 hours.

We parted ways from Applebee's as we headed to our separate homes.  We donned our rain gear before we left the restaurant.  What a great day we had!  Thank You, LORD, for good friends to share good times with as we enjoyed your creation!  We traveled right at 100 miles round trip.  Thank You, LORD, for safety as we traveled the wet roads!

When I transferred the pictures from the camera to my laptop I had nearly 400 pictures to go through!  I'll just show you a few.  You can thank me later!  😉


























































































And that's a wrap for now!  Thanks for reading!

No comments: