Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, September 4, 2022

Morning Glory

Mark worked outside today tearing down, cleaning up, moving around......and when he went out this is one of the first beauties he saw out in the middle of nowhere.

I used it for one of the challenges at Oscraps and I was instructed to blend the photo into an element, which changed the color slightly.  I posted the original picture below the scrapbook page.

I love morning glories!  I would plant some if they weren't so invasive!  I remember they  grew in the ditch between the parsonage and the field next to the church property.  I would take lots of pictures in the morning of the different colors that came up.  Calvin kept them mowed down but they always came back up!  That field had lots of pretty wildflowers that I used to take pictures of!

Mark wants to plant a butterfly garden and I would love to have wildflowers!  I need to do some research and decide what plants to buy.  But first we need to figure out where we are going to put the garden!  Stay tuned!


Here's the original photo that Mark took.  Using the blending mode above turned the flower to more of a blue color.  Isn't it pretty?!

 


Here's the original photo that Mark took.  Using the blending mode above turned the flower to more of a blue color.  Isn't it pretty?!

I've been scanning old pictures that are from the days before I had digital cameras.  It is a tedious job!  Especially since I am trying to figure out years the photos were taken since most of them do not have anything written on them!  I'll probably use them in scrapbook pages eventually!

Have a great Labor Day Weekend!

No comments: