Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, April 13, 2009

April 13, 2009

Today was supposed to be our zoo day, but the weather forecast was not to promising with 80% chance of rain! So, we decided to stay close instead of making the 1 hour trip to Asheboro. We went to SciWorks about 20 minutes away and north of us. It was a bit chilly when we first got there at around 10:30 a.m. Plus, it was very overcast and looked as if it could rain any minute. So, the first thing we did was to see the animals outside. We saw the cows, goats, sheep, ponies and donkey in the barn. Then we took a paved trail around the property and saw Canada geese and mallard ducks, deer and otter. I took this great picture of Liz and the kids before we headed indoors for the learning exhibits, etc. It was lots of fun for the kids. We didn't get home til 1:00 or a little after. We ate lunch, then took naps and then did a little shopping at the thrift store before we met Tim at Pizza Hut for dinner. Then we rushed home to get ready for the Assisted Living Services. Hannah went with us. She was very shy since she did not know any of these older folks. And, she really enjoyed the ladies from our church who played their auto harps and sang.

I didn't want to distract too much from the great picture of Liz and the kids, so I only used a few items from Amanda Thorderson's "The Front Porch" kit found HERE. The kit is on sale for a limited time.

2 comments:

goodtexan said...

This is sooo beautiful, Vicky. Love it. TFS!!

Anonymous said...

Natural beauty is right!