Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 28, 2009

Snakes give me the creeps, big time! I can't really say that I am afraid of them, I just know that I have a very healthy respect for them! I just don't like something that slithers around very quietly. Come to think of it, that's pretty much what Satan does, isn't it? He doesn't show up on our door step in a red suit with horns and a pitch fork, and then ring the door bell so that when we answer he warns us that he is there and to watch out for him! The Bible rightly calls him the old serpent, doesn't it?!

Anyway, I made this page using the elements from the Fresh Elegance Mega Collaborative Kit by the Digitals designers. It was the free kit that was given out piece by piece as the challenges were completed during the month of March. You can buy the HUGE kit HERE. The pieces of the kit that I used were all made by Katey Green of Handmaid Designs. It is too late to begin the April challenges, but if you would like to join in beginning on May 1st, go to this THREAD. You have to be a registered member to have access to the forum and the gallery for posting your layouts, but it is free!

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

that is a HUGE snack!! You shouldn't have any rodents around, that's for sure!

Vicky said...

They give me the creeps! More so than Joey, the dummy, lol!

Anonymous said...

Ewwwwwwww!!!! I can't believe you took a picture of that!!!! Ewwww!