Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, April 24, 2009

April 22, 2009

We are going to begin a visitation ministry at the church following Revival services this week, so DH and I rode up and down the neighboring streets counting houses. Then I put together packets of church brochures and a tract to correspond with the number of houses on the street. Each person who helps will take a packet and travel to the street to distribute the brochure and tract. We want to contact 1000 homes. Our count totals (give or take a few we may have missed) 1,024!

I know! This one is really bright! I love the background paper that I created from a photo of one of my skirts! Each little "block" is made up of 4 copies of the picture rotated to give it the Kaleidoscope feel! Then, the 256 little blocks are recolored by a blending method in my PSE program. And, VOILA! The masterpiece!

Anyway, unless you happen to have Photoshop Elements and work with it much, you probably don't know (or care) about what I just said!

And, you don't need to! You can just click on the picture and go to my blog to download the kit for free! If you create a page using my new Sugar and Spice kit, I'd love to post it on my Today's Scrap blog!

1 comment:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Yep, you lost me. I'm not very techno-savvy when it comes to background imaging. That's pretty neat that you were able to use your skirt for the design!