Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, April 9, 2009

April 9, 2009

Well, today certainly was an eventful day! With the girls coming for the weekend, I had to work on my new kit "Tropical Paradise" and get it finished because I know I won't be working on the computer too much this weekend and into next week! So, I still have to make the preview and get the files zipped up and uploaded to Media Fire and then I'll be done! I worked on the kit til time to get dinner ready. After dinner, we went to the funeral home for a viewing of an Aunt of one of our members. On the way back we received a call that the former pastor had been taken to the emergency room, so instead of going home we went to the hospital where we spent about an hour and a half. Then, upon arriving home, I had to finish up our pastor friend's bulletin for this Sunday! Then I had to upload yesterday's and today's 365 layouts to my Digitals Gallery! And, now I have them posted here! WHEW! Can you say, Geritol! LOL! I'm glad I got the dishes loaded into the dishwasher before we left, anyway!

Oh, and something else that happened today.....Tim comes walking into the house with a stranger this morning and tells me he is going to give him some food. So I said, OK. Well, what he really meant was that he was going to fix him breakfast! He started getting the eggs and sausage out of the fridge. Then I woke up and took the eggs from him and fixed the breakfast for the guy. This stranger said he had hitch hiked all the way from Miami, FL! He said he was on his way to his dad's house in Welcome. Why he was walking on S. Main St. in Winston-Salem, I have no idea! Anyway, he announced to me, "Guess what just happened to me? I got saved! Now, what do you think about that?" I said, of course, "I think that is terrific!" So, apparently Tim had talked to him at church before he brought him over to the house. Anyway, we fed him breakfast and he slept for a couple of hours in the guest room and then he was on his way! I sure hope and pray that he finds his way to wherever he is going. And the reason I say this is because it just so happens that we saw him as we were coming back from the hospital tonight at 9:45 walking on Silas Creek, which is NOT anywhere near Welcome where he told us he was going!

Thank you, Lord, for your hand of mercy upon my life!

Today's page is another page using Alessandra's "Country Home" kit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh I think it's great you took in a stranger like that. Wonderful thing to do, but makes me so nervous, because you just never know anymore!!! Glad it all worked out.
The gigantic eggs are cute, they'll love them! Hope you guys have a great visit. Hannah was excited!!