Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, April 6, 2009

April 2, 2009

If you have been following this blog, you will remember that before we left for Florida on March 23rd our dryer decided to bite the dust! So, the first order of business when we got home from Florida was to buy another one. And, since the washer was equally as old as the dryer, the church men told us to go ahead and buy a matching washer to go along with the dryer! Well, I washed up all of the laundry from our Florida trip with the intentions of taking them to the laundromat to dry. But, when I found out that Lowe's could deliver the washer and dryer on the 3rd, I decided to try the trick my mother used when she needed to "hold" the drying process for awhile. I bagged the laundry up and stuck it in the spare refrigerator we brought with us from WV. If not for this extra fridge, I would have taken the clothes to the laundromat anyway. I'm sure you know what soured clothes smell like!

I used Alessandra's "Country Home" kit for this page, too! See April 1st post for all links to her store, kit, etc!

2 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

I'd never heard of this laundry trick before and I hope I never need to use it, but it is nice to know. I just hope I don't need it while the Bear is still at home. Can you imagine his shock upon opening the refrigerator to take out his customary snacks?

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of this either! Cool trick!