Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, December 27, 2010

The Biltmore

On Thursday, Dec. 23rd, we left the house at approx. 9:00.  We arrived in Asheville a little after 11 am.  We first went to the shopping district but found very little of interest to us.  Tim did find one fossilized snail-type creature that he bought for his fossil collection.  While downtown, we found the restaurant that we would eat our dinner that night.

We headed to the hotel, even though we were a couple hours early for check-in.  But, we were permitted to check in anyway.  So, we just hung out in the hotel til time to go to dinner.

Thanks is due Michael and Jessica for the gift certificate we used at Zambra's that evening.  It was described as being Spanish food.  The food was wonderful, but too expensive for the amount of food we were served.

Friday morning, we ate breakfast at the hotel and headed to the Biltmore.  I was bummed that we could not take pictures inside.  It was beautifully decorated for Christmas!  What a HUGE place!  We did buy a pack of postcards with pictures of the house that I will scan and share sometime.  After we finished our tour, we went in search of some thrift shops and found a few, but didn't buy anything.  We also went to the Biltmore Village to do some window shopping, but we didn't see anything interesting.  We ate at Long John Silver's pretty late so we didn't go out for dinner.  We snacked on the goodies we had taken with us.

On Saturday, Christmas day, we got up earlier to get ready to leave.  We hoped to beat the weather that was headed East.  We left as the snow was beginning to fly!  We left at 8 and were home by 10:30.  Yep!  The weather followed us!  You saw those pictures yesterday.  Here are a few from our Biltmore trip.

Standing in front of the Biltmore Estate

The Biltmore Estate
Showing the ambiance of Zambra Restaurant.

The restaurant looked like a dive of a place with the entrance from the alley!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how did you like Biltmore? I've been three times and I loved it! I can't believe you couldn't take pics inside! That must be new, because I'm pretty sure I have pics. That was several years ago though, maybe they changed it. Or maybe I'm hallucinating! LOL

Kimberly Pitman said...

I've passed by there several times but have never gone inside. I guess we've always been too busy going or coming.

I've tried many times in the last 3 days to leave you a message here and hope this one finally gets through! I just wanted to say "Merry Christmas" and that I'm glad you're safe and warm.

Elisabeth said...

Is it me or are all your pictures cut in half the past few times?