Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, December 3, 2010

'Tis the Season.........

I need to find out if my grandkids already have the following games that I found at Goodwill. Brand new games, never opened. Don't even look like they were stored and never used. I'm thinking Goodwill might do some buyouts like Big Lots does. Anyway, I have the following games and want to make sure they are not already owned. I know some of them are owned (I found out after buying them earlier this year), so if you can tell me whether or not you have any of them, it would help in determining how to disperse them at Christmas.

1. Battleship - I know Michael has this, but it is for ages 7+, so I figure I will be keeping this one.
2. Chutes and Ladders - for preschoolers - I'm thinking this would be a good one for Kara.
3. Feed the Kitty - ages 4+. I'm thinking this would be more along the lines for Ryan.
4. Yahtzee - ages 8+ - I'm thinking Michael on this one, unless he already has it.
5. Candy Land - I think Hannah, Ryan and Kara all have this one. If I'm right, I will be keeping it.
6. I also have a beautiful jungle-type animal puzzle for ages 4+ that I figure I will give to Kara.

Falalalalalalalala :D

4 comments:

jessicaday said...

Hey there. We are new to the game world. Kara doesn't have any of those and I think she'd like Battleship, Chutes and Ladders, Yahtzee, and Candy Land. She loves games and puzzles (I wonder where she gets that from!), so that's right up her ally! :-)
Don't you just love good deals like that?

Vicky said...

That is too funny! I thought of her with battleship, but I thought it might still be too old for her! Well, I'm glad to know that she doesn't have any of the others! At least I won't have to keep ALL of the games now! :D

Elisabeth said...

We have Candyland, Snakes and Ladders, Battleship and Yahtzee but I think they would both like the kitty game.

Vicky said...

Good deal, Lucille! :D Thanks!