Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, December 13, 2010

It SNOW FUN!

NOT!  We woke up at Liz's with about 3" of snow (Tim's guestimation).  And, it was COLD!!!  There was no school for Hannah, which was a good thing as she and Ryan had been throwing up all night!  Poor babies!  I hope they only got better through the day!  I know they probably had a good nap today, not to mention poor mommy, who was up with her babies all night!  I just pray Tim and I did not carry the bug with us to pass to his parents and ultimately us when we get home!

Anyway, we headed to Tim's parents around 9 am.  We didn't take the usual route north to Pt. Pleasant, WV then west through the bottom of Ohio.  Instead, we followed I-64 through WV into KY and then headed up north on I-75 from Lexington, KY.  The road was wet in WV but mostly dry through KY.  We ran through one squally of snow where we lost the sun for about 15 miles in KY.  But the rest of the trip was free sailing at the regular speed!

We spent an hour or so at Tim's dad's then headed to his mom's.  While there she asked Tim to install new guts inside the tank of the toilet.  After completing the task, the flapper would not go over the hole so the tank would fill with water, even though he didn't even work on that part of the toilet.  Tim and his mom ran to the store to get a new flapper to no avail.  So, unfortunately, we left her with no way to flush the toilet without doing it manually by pouring water into the toilet bowl.  She has a neighbor who does helps her with problems.  She will get him to look at it.  She treated us to dinner at Bob Evans for Tim's trouble.  I helped her with a few computer items while Tim worked on the toilet.  She found some knitting needles at the thrift store that she gave to me!  I showed her the crochet projects I have been working on for the grandkids for Christmas.  We gave her Christmas gift to her, which she loved. 

After dinner at Bob Evans, we dropped her back home and we headed to Florence to the Travelodge that we had reservations in.  Tomorrow, we will make the looooooong trip back to NC!  I am dreading the trip!  Guess I'll spend the time reading and/or playing on the computer!   And probably snoozing!  :D

Can't wait to get back in my own bed!

2 comments:

jessicaday said...

I'm so glad God gave you good, safe weather and that He (so far) has kept the germs away. Traveling and Christmas are so awesome, until someone gets sick. :-(

Kimberly Pitman said...

I missed (using that word to mean "didn't experience it" and not in the "oh, I so-o-o wanted to be there" way) last week's snowstorm while I was visiting Lisa, but returned home in time for this one. I'm about to freeze!!!!! Who would've thought that 1 week in the desert would thin my blood so much!

I trust you had a safe trip back home. Hope you stay well!