Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Scowl at the Cowl!

Well, we made it back from our travels to WV and KY at around 5:30 last night.  I needed to start laundry, but didn't feel like it!  I brought Hannah's cold back with me.  I was finally getting over the crud I picked up while helping Terry and Jessica move a couple of weeks ago and then added the cold on top of the left over sinus stuff.  Oh well!  Such is life!  I told Tim that I needed to stay in the south until all of my "diseases" were completely gone, lol!

We really enjoyed our time with Liz and the family.  Hated leaving the kiddies so sick!  But am glad they are back to normal!

We also enjoyed seeing everyone at Buffalo Baptist again!  It is good to see those who were faithful when we were there remaining faithful, even during the trial of not having a pastor to lead them!

The Lord blessed us with safe travels to visit Tim's parents in northern KY, too!  The roads had been taken care of and we enjoyed normal speeds!  But, boy!  The wind chill was so cold it hurt your skin!  I am soooooo thankful for a warm car to travel in rather than having to travel with a horse and buggy!  BRRRRR!!!  I cannot even imagine what that must have been like!

Tim's mom found some circular knitting needles at the thrift store that she gave to me!  She admired the sweaters I had with me that I made for the grandkids for Christmas.  We also talked about a cowl knitting pattern from a knitting/crochet newsletter we both get.  So, I decided to make one, which I started last night.  The pattern I had was a bit different than the one she had seen.  I finished mine tonight.  I shortened the length of it from what the pattern called for because I didn't think it would need to be as long as they called for.  Well, I was wrong!  It really could have used the other 6" of length!  But, I will still use it and just make a note to myself about the length! 

Elisabeth, Jessica J, Jessica D and Cheryl...............Here are some pictures to show you what it looks like.  I want to know if any of you would be interested in me making you one.  And, if so, what color would you like?

Side View

Cowl folded in half

I could have used this while we were in the frigid wind this weekend!

Not folded in half.

4 comments:

jessicaday said...

I hate to be such a girl, but pulling it down over my head might mess up my hair. I'll stick with a scarf, but thank you anyway!

Elisabeth said...

If you could attach a hood to that so all you can see is our eyes, I think our whole family would use one. Brad and Ryan while hunting and all of us while sled riding. But would it be too scratchy on our faces?

Vicky said...

Liz,
It would depend on the yarn. Mine is made of one strand of 100% acrylic and one strand of 100% orlon acrylic. What the difference is, I don't know, but the orlon is scratchier, but mixed with the other is fine. I'll be wearing it when we go out today, so I'll let you know! And, I'll see what kind of pattern I could come up with to cover your head and face except for the eyes. You didn't tell me what color but we will worry about that if and when I can figure out a pattern or find one.

Jessica said...

I love it! Fortunately my hair would just lay over it or Id put it back so im not too concerned about the hair part. And I definitely dont want one covering everything but my eyes as I would probably look like a bank robber or something. I like it just like that and I will order mine in any color you have or want to use! Whatever would go with my black coat anyway! Love you!