Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, March 28, 2011

Busy Weekend

Left NC Friday morning for WV where there was to be a baby shower for our 3rd child on Saturday who is having her 3rd child in April.  This child, a girl, will be our 6th grandchild.  We will have 3 GRANDsons and 3 GRANDdaughters at that point!  Have I mentioned that I think our GRANDchildren are GRAND!!!

Anyway, Liz had a very nice shower and got LOTS of girlie gifts and outfits!  Sure hope the doctors know what they are talking about when they say this baby is a girl!  :D  The baby's room is a Dr. Seuss theme, so that is what we (Jessica, Stephanie and I) did the shower in.  It turned out really cute!  Stephanie's son, Dylan, even drew a cat in a hat on the white board that was in the "fellowship hall."  Very good job, Dylan!  Keep up the good work!

The rest of the day on Saturday, we spent recouping!  And it was an early-to-bed night.......actually, Michael and I were up til midnight!

Sunday, believe it or not, we actually got to church before it started!  Not bad considering all of the showers that had to be taken that morning!    We had a delicious roast for lunch,  relaxed and played a bit in the afternoon and back to church last night.  Waited on Nat to come before Jessica had to leave to go home.....he stood us up!  It was an even earlier night to bed!

Today, Liz, Ryan and I met my dear friend, Susie, for lunch at Applebees.  We had a leisurely lunch and time of chit chat before having to leave so we could stop by KMart really quick and get back to pick Hannah up from school.  When we got home, Liz and I worked on some sewing projects and iron-on transfer projects.  She fixed some delicious BBQ chicken for supper.  The kids ate, but she and I were still full from lunch.  Before we knew it, it was time for the kids to get their baths for bed, I read them some books and lights were out.......wait, actually the lights weren't on..........because it was STILL daylight out!  Ryan complained about this!  I told Elisabeth that the complaint sure sounded familiar!  I believe I remember her telling me that her kids would not have to go to bed before the sun went down!  Funny how things change when the kids become the parents!  :D  And, need I remind those kids that they didn't have to go to bed til 8:00 p.m.........NOT 7:00 p.m.!  :D

The last thing I want to do before retiring for the evening is look for a "fruck," which is a truck to Ryan, to paint on his Big Brother shirt.

Tomorrow I will watch Ryan and pick Hannah up from school as Liz goes to her OB-GYN (weekly) visit!  Only 4 weeks and counting DOWN!!!  (She happens to be packing the hospital bag tonight.....what she can, anyway!)  Then I will head back to NC to my lonely husband!  :D  See you soon, Babe!


Here's a few pictures from the events of the weekend.

Hannah really enjoyed hoisting Sawyer around this weekend!  As you can tell, he is a BIG little boy!  9 months old and wearing size 18 months clothing!  He is soooooooo tall!  Wonder where he gets that from!  :D


Sawyer LOVED watching the fish!  Look at that cute grin!  He has 7 teeth!  He is pulling up to EVERYTHING! 


You will see what this creation of the cat in the hat's hat was all about............


Jessica told everyone about the games, etc of the shower.  The tables were decorated with Dr. Seuss plates and napkins, books and balloons.  You can see Dylan's drawing of the cat in the hat up front on the right.  Below, the plates, napkins and some of the game cards.  Bowls of colorful candy sat on each table.


Stephanie found the plates and napkins.  Too cute!


Jessica found this on the internet and I created it from 2 sheets of stiff paper.  It reads the same on the back, too.


It wouldn't be a Dr. Seuss party without green eggs and ham!


Not to mention Thing 1 and Thing 2 and their blue hair!  Thanks to Stephanie for the green eggs, ham and things cupcakes!  :D


What a CUTE cake Stephanie was able to get!


I didn't get a picture of ALL the presents after everyone got there.  There were more on the table and the floor around the table was covered!

Time for the first game......using the letters in "BABY SHOWER" everyone had to guess the items found in the bag that began with each of the letters.  Liz got to keep the bag of gifts, of course!  Linda Whittington got the prize for having the most correct guesses, if I remember correctly.

I made some "Thing" items for Hannah (Thing 1), Ryan (Thing 2) and Abigail (Thing 3).

Hannah helped mommy with some of the gifts.

Our PURRfectly round little cat in the hat momma!  :D

Later that night..........I enjoyed something every grandma loves to do.........nuzzle with a sleeping baby!

We woke up to a dusting of snow on Sunday morning!  Pretty chilly ALL day!  Of course, the heaviest thing I brought was a sweater!

Feeding Sawyer his breakfast.

Playing in the floor after church while waiting on lunch.

Sawyer enjoying a sucker before heading for home!

Hannah had to lean waaaaaaay back to hold Sawyer, but she didn't mind!

Ryan and I played cards this morning before leaving to meet my dear friend for lunch.

Love ya, Susie Q!

Ryan stacked bingo chips while we waited on Hannah.

Ryan took this picture of me this afternoon while Liz and I worked on sewing projects.  Then..........

he took these pictures of himself!  :D

LOLOLOL!  Too funny!  I'll spare you the picture he took of my rear end!

THE END!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Wonderful post!! I sure enjoyed it all and the self pics at the end were so darn cute!! :)

Anonymous said...

Loved the post. LOVED the pics. Ryan is a hoot!!!! Glad you guys had a great time.

jessicaday said...

I love the pictures! I'm so glad everyone had a great weekend. I love you all!

kimeric kreations said...

Sounds like a wonderful time, Vicky! and you got to go to Applebee's...man I miss that place! None around here, darn it. those photo's are just fantastic...LOVE the one of you snuggling up with Sawyer. wow. I see LO's coming :0) Travel safely on your way home!

Kimberly Pitman said...

What a cool shower! I've always loved Dr. Seuss but I didn't know there were so many fun things for a baby's room or even a baby shower. How creative all of you are!!!!