Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

More Good News for Joey

The nurse told Rachel today that they were afraid they were going to lose Joey the night of his heart attack!  All I can say to that is THANK YOU for the prayers that began EVERYWHERE at 6 p.m. that night!  God heard and answered the prayers of His people!  And He graciously allowed Joey to be with us yet today!  Thank You, LORD!

Don't stop praying for him yet, however.  Rachel told me tonight that Joey has double pneumonia and the left lung is worse than the right lung.  They took a blood specimen to run through a culture to find out what strain of bacteria is there so they know exactly what anti-biotic to administer. 

The nurse I spoke with earlier today said they might take his breathing machine from him, but tonight she is recommending that he remain on it one more day.  They take Joey off the ventilator at 11 p.m. and let him breathe on his own through the night and his oxygen level remains in the 90's during that time.

The doctors told Rachel that they did not see any reason why Joey could not return to his construction job.  It is actually his job that has helped his body to be strong enough to withstand a massive heart attack the way he has!  Praise the LORD!

There must have been 4 stands with 3 or more bags of meds, etc. when we were there last Thursday right after his heart attack.  He is down to 1 stand and 3 bags, praise the LORD!  They are using the tube that goes into his nose to feed him with, so that is another bag.  Rachel says his little tummy is even smaller now after a week of not eating.  Not the preferred way to lose weight, obviously!

They had to sedate him more today because he was getting agitated with the tubes that remain inserted.  So he has slept more today.  Once when he was awake he let Rachel know that he had to pee.  I guess he did not realize he was catheterized.  She told him as much and said, so just let it go!  He did and then gave her a thumbs up!  :D

Also, the nurse said he could receive flowers and that he will be in the same room for probably the rest of the week if you want to send flowers.  If you do, send me an e-mail at vickyday13@gmail.com and I will give you the information.

I meant to post this picture after we got back from visiting Joey last week.  It is good to know that he does not look like this now!  And, he now gets to wear one of those cute little nighties the hospital love to give you when you spend the night!  :D  He looks a little different now as he has been shaved.  Because his nose is still bleeding a bit, his beard was getting a bit nasty so Rachel had them shave him so the blood would be easier to take care of.  YUCK!

1 comment:

kimeric kreations said...

so glad to hear of the improvements, Vicky! You and yours are staying in my prayers :)