Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Joey is doing GREAT!!

Tim and I are visiting Joey in the hospital this weekend.  When we arrived, his bed was raised into a sitting position.  The only tubes left are the feeding tube in his nose, which will probably be gone tomorrow, the oxygen, which may also be gone tomorrow.  He is receiving antibiotic for the pneumonia.  His voice is hoarse due to the vent tube being taken out after a week, and his throat is somewhat sore.  He is still having problems with his nose bleeding, but that should stop as soon as they finally take that tube out of his nose.  The caramel-colored fluid they are feeding him is 2,000 calories!  He said he didn't feel hungry, but he told the nurse he wanted a steak and potato after she fed him some applesauce and pudding to test his swallowing.  I trimmed his toe nails and rubbed lotion on his feet.  I can't believe he let me do all of that without one flinch of tickle!  Tim's dad and step mom came for a visit, too.  We left at 3:30 so he could rest and so we could get something to eat.

Here's a few pictures from today.  I told him I liked his dress!  He said modesty has gone out the window!  I told him that is what happens when you have a baby, too!  :D

This is the speech pathologist who asked him about his throat and fed him the applesauce and pudding.  She had him clear his throat after taking a bite so she could listen to see if he was strangling on the food or not.  She wanted him to try a cracker, but he didn't want to.  Does he look like dad, or what?!

 This is the lung doctor and he wants Joey to start exercising his lungs, which will help strengthen them and help to get rid of the pneumonia.  He wanted him to do 7 or 8 deep breaths every hour.  Joey did really well with the doctor, but an hour later when I tried to get him do it, he didn't do as well.
 Here's a close-up of the breathing exerciser.  I remember having to do this when I had pneumonia, too!  The doctor started it on the 1000 mark, but Joey reached that with no problem, so he moved it up to 1500!  That was a different story!  All in all, Joey is doing GREAT!  Praise the LORD!

1 comment:

Kimberly Pitman said...

We're so-o-o glad to hear the good news! Prayers are being answered!

My dad had to breathe into that "thing" last year after he had surgery and he was quite against doing it. I got to be the meany who made him. I told him it was payback for all the times he made me eat my peas when I was a kid (I hated peas back then and am not real fond of them now). Now we laugh about it.

I'm sure you're probably going back home soon, so keep safe!