Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, March 19, 2011

He's Still Answering Prayer!!!

Yesterday afternoon as Tim and I left the hospital I said, "It sure would be nice if they would remove that tube from his nose!"  Even though it wasn't said as a prayer, it was a prayer............and it was answered, Thank You, LORD!  Today when we went to the hospital the first thing I noticed was that the tube was gone!  I asked Joey when it had been removed and he said last night!  WOOHOO!

Today, Joey's voice was much stronger and I'm assuming his throat was better, too, because he ate almost all of his breakfast except for the biscuit and gravy!  Wonderful news!!!

After taking the tube out of his nose, they gave Joey a different oxygen mask.....much smaller and could fit right on his nose.  However, today when we were there, his nurse changed that out and rigged up the kind that the tubes go behind the ears and 2 little spouts kinda sit in the nostrils.  But, Joey ended up taking that off because his nose is still oozing.  He may have to get that cauterized before he goes home.  He had his nose cauterized when he was in college, but I guess this incident has messed him up again.

The physical therapist asked Joey if he was up to a walk, so they took a trip down the hall.  She said, "Now, make sure however far you walk that you are going to be able to make it back to your room because you are a big fella and I won't be able to carry you back!"  He saw how pretty it was out and kept walking to see more sunshine!  He said, "I'd sure like to be out there working!"  So, they walked about 3 halls and he decided it was time to go back.  She said that he did an excellent job!

He was doing some "fishing" and asked the nurse if she had heard anything about how long he would be in the hospital.....2 weeks? he asked.  She said I haven't heard, but, I'd say probably just a couple more days!  Needless to say, he was thrilled!  Keep those prayers going heavenward and pray that he would be released on Monday...........if not sooner!  :D

Pam, I gave him your message!  He said thanks and he loves you all, too!

Here's a few pictures.  You can tell by looking that he is feeling pretty good!  Thank You, LORD!  His beard is growing back quickly!  AND, it sure is white!  :D  IF he had hair, I think it would be whiter than mine!  :D  I like that he gave everyone a wave!  Thanks again, everyone, for your prayers on Joey's behalf!

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

he looks just like grandpa in the first picture! I'm glad he's doing so well!

jessicaday said...

That's what I thought too - he looks like your dad. I'm so, so glad he's doing so well. I had half the state of Maryland praying for him! God is so good!
(Side note: You look so pretty in red!!)

kimeric kreations said...

So very glad to hear GOOD news about your brother, Vicky - your family has been in my prayers...and you're right - it must be working! Travel safe going back home :) -kim