Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My God, My Refuge

This week's Providence 365 verse is Psalm 16:1 - "Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust."  Our challenge was to scrap how the LORD protects (preserves) me.  He protects every day, but while pondering what I could scrap about, the incident of a little over 10 years ago came to mind and I decided it was the perfect thing.  Liz, I hate to bring up any nightmares you may have finally gotten over from this incident, but I am just so thankful to GOD for His protection in both of our lives in this wreck!  You will see what I mean when you read the journaling.

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Wow! I haven't seen pictures of that car for a long time!! I kinda forgot all about it. It's good to be reminded of what could have happened. I'm so thankful the Lord didn't chose to take me home that day! I would have missed so much! And I'm glad you weren't with me! Also, it was 2001, a few months after I graduated, not 2000. Again, wow!

Elisabeth said...

Can you believe the air bags didn't blow and my seatbelt didn't lock?!

jessicaday said...

God is so good! I'm so glad it wasn't your time yet!