CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
GOOGLE COOKIES: Read more about how Google uses cookies on this blog that I have no control of: Google Policies and Privacy

WARNING: This site contains religious content. If you are easily offended by religion, you had better not read any further!

Visit our Church website

Visit my Today's Scrap blog

Visit my she was unwilling, but God..... blog

Sunday, July 24, 2011

How Sweet the Name of Jesus

We sang a song today that I had never heard before.  It was an easy song and the words are beautiful.  I wanted to share it with you.

How Sweet the Name of Jesus
Written by John Newton

  1. How sweet the name of Jesus sounds
    In a believer's ear!
    It soothes his sorrows, heals his wounds,
    And drives away his fear,
    And drives away his fear.
  2. It makes the wounded spirit whole,
    And calms the troubled breast;
    'Tis manna to the hungry soul,
    And to the weary, rest,
    And to the weary, rest.
  3. Dear name!  the rock on which I build,
    My shield and hiding place;
    My never failing treasure, filled
    With boundless stores of grace!
    With boundless stores of grace!
  4. Jesus, my Shepherd, Brother, Friend,
    My Prophet, Priest and King,
    My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End,
    Accept the praise I bring,
    Accept the praise I bring.
 Short and definitely sweet!  I'm so glad He has boundless stores of grace, aren't you?  Grace that is greater than ALL our sin!  Grace that exceeds our sin and our guilt!  WOW!

0 comments: