Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Is it REALLY 2012???

The older I get, the FASTER the time flies by!  By nature I don't like change.  I like being stuck in my ruts for the most part.  I think it is just a comfort-zone thing!  The weird thing is that I LOVE new beginnings to some things, like beginning a new school year.  But, if I had to guess, it was only because I always loved getting that brand new box of crayons, new pencils and fresh notebooks of paper and new clothes!  But, I do love the beginning of a new year.  The new year gives me a good reason to "forget those things which are behind, and reach forth unto those things which are before," as Paul tells us in Philippians 3:13.

There are lots of things to forget from day to day, let alone from the previous year.  Sometimes it is just best to "forget it and move on" rather than dwell on the past and try to figure out the "woulda," "shoulda," "coulda" and "if only's."  But there are things that you need to spend some time on to figure out why the failure happened.  Like why you failed to reach the goals you set for yourself last year.  Did you set unobtainable goals?  Did unexpected circumstances get in the way?  Have those circumstances changed and maybe you can re-establish goals for this year? 

I don't set many goals for the year.  That might be part of my problem, that and the fact that I'm not a goal-oriented person.  Sometimes I don't feel like I have accomplished anything.  Yet, when I look back over the year, I have accomplished tons of stuff!  Most of the stuff just wasn't written down in black and white!  This year I am going to write some things down in black and white and see what happens.  Who knows, I just might become a goal-oriented person!  Whatever your "orientation" is about goals, I wish you a blessed and best New Year!  And by all means, don't leave the LORD out of your "plans" for James 4:14-15 says, "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.  For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that."

A New Day (insert Year instead of Day)
by Helen Steiner Rice

The dawn of a new day
means the dawn of a new life ...
Whatever our yesterdays have been,
tomorrow may be different.
Tomorrow may hold your fate ...
Tomorrow may mean your victory.
The splendor of the future
lies in the eternal tomorrow,
the day for which
life is worth living.

(Copyright Today's Scrap, 2009-2012, MCN:  306D3-D1B8C-E25C5, "A Fresh Start" digital scrapbook kit)

1 comment:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Happy New Year, Vicky!

Amen! I also love new things but have the tendency to resist change. Those things seem to be contradictory, but that pretty much means I'm female, right? :)

I started out last year with such high hopes of putting together a weekly digital scrapbook page but it just didn't happen. I haven't set that goal this year although I do want to put some pages together as I'm able. I like doing it when I have the time.

I pray 2012 will be a wonderful year for your church in NC and ours in OH. May the Lord be honored in all we do.

Love,

K.