Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Clean Up, Clean Up!

Everybody Clean Up!  So says the purple dinosaur from the 80's!  I wish he were here to help me now!  Trying to clean out the outbuildings, along with the house, add to the overwhelming task, for sure!  But, yesterday, we made GREAT headway!

Here's the second load that I took to Goodwill, all from one of the outbuildings (just about all of it being Christmas stuff).  The car could hold no more:

The back was full!

The passenger side of the back seat was full!

The passenger side of the front was full!

The back seat behind the driver.  The only place left was the driver's seat!
It felt really good to get rid of all of that!  And, with these being moved, now there was room in the outbuilding to move the 2 trail bikes from the house to the outbuilding!  WOOHOO!

I said that was the second load.  The first load I took earlier in the day was clothing and miscellaneous stuff from inside of the house.

Today, I took Ilene for her pre-op appointment for her cataract surgery scheduled for the 29th.  After we went to the appointment, I brought her back to our house to show her how much progress I have made in cleaning out the clutter.  She was impressed!  I have worked hard!  But there is still LOTS to do!  BUT, we are getting there!

Next, we went to Ilene's drug store to fill the prescription the doctor gave her today and then had lunch with the ladies Ilene used to work with and used to go to church with her, too.  After lunch I dropped Ilene off at her house and I returned to ours to begin some more cleaning.  When Mark got home he mowed the yard, took his shower and we went to Wendy's for a salad and then went to pick up his new-to-him truck.


After we got back to the house, we loaded up a couple of containers and took them to Mark's daughter's house.  After visiting for a bit, we came back to the house, did some more work and then settled in to play Skip-bo.  I had never played it so Mark read the instructions out loud.  It was really fun!  We each won a game!


I don't think I ever showed you our new adjustable bed that was delivered last week.  We got it so that, hopefully, when my sister comes to visit she won't have to load up her wooden version of a craftmatic bed.  We are going to pull a queen bed frame from storage in one of the outbuildings for the spare bedroom, but a new mattress and box spring and when Kim is in town Mark and I will sleep in the spare bedroom and let Kim have our bed for the duration of her stay.  That's the plan, anyway!

It is hard to tell how much valley there is.  But I was expecting the foot to raise higher than it did.

I will have to lay in it and get a picture to show how much adjustment is made.  Hope it is enough, Kim!  I think it should be, even if you have to put pillows under your knees!

Tomorrow I'm going to have to catch up on laundry and dishes!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: