He got back with me today and said he was behind because of the rain NC has had lately. But he asked if I was available today. Mark came home from work to check the yard to make sure it wasn't too soft and I gave the guy the go-ahead. I told him I would meet him at Ilene's.
So, 20 minutes later, the workers pulled into Ilene's drive and began the process of putting the building onto the truck. They followed me to our house and placed the building and set it up. They used less bricks to level it out than was used at Ilene's, which means the ground here was more level.
Anyway, here's some pictures and videos of the move.
|Going down the side of the yard to get in position for placing the building.|
|We wanted the building under the tree to the right in the picture.|
|At first, that branch hanging low was going to have to be cut to get the building under it.|
|But he backed it up to put it at a better angle to the house.|
|Then the only branch that had to go was one that was dead. He had to take it down in 2 pieces.|
|The second piece finally came down when he tied the strap to the truck and pulled on it.|
|Lowering the building into place.|
|Working on laying the leveling bricks.|
|The red container you see to the left of the guy in the orange shirt is filled with water. It is used as some sort of hydro leveler and has a hose attached to it. I don't understand the concept! But as long as they do, that's OK! :D|
|Lowering the building the rest of the way down.|
|He used a jack to finish adding the brick to the front and there you have it! Ready to begin filling up! I am going to use it as my crafting room.|
Here's some of the video I took of the process. Sorry, they are all on their side!
Wrapping it up.
So glad to have that project done, except now begins the job of filling it and emptying the parsonage. Step by step, little by little, we are getting settled in to our new lives together. God is so good!