Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Hitting the Trails

We had a gathering of people on Saturday, some of the kids and grandkids.  Mark worked on the 4-wheelers (gas, etc) and the trails (bush hogging with his son, etc) to get ready for the gathering.  I did my part by cleaning up the house, and buying the food at KFC.  I had to go to Ilene's to get the folding table.  I went to the church to get some chairs, which Calvin helped with since he happened to be on the property working.  Thanks, Calvin!

By the time everyone arrived, there were 15 of us:
Mark's son, Michael, Heather and Dakota.
Mark's daughter, Jenifer with beau Steven, Kayden and Jaxon.
My daughter, Elisabeth, Brad, Hannah, Ryan and Abby.
Mark's "adopted" grandson, Noah was spending the weekend with us.
And, of course, Mark and me.

Let the good times roll...................
Liz drove the dune buggy.  Abby sat on my lap.  It was one of the calmer rides of the day!

Then Liz and I rode by ourselves.

Hannah is the driver.

Grandpa Mark walking with Jaxon and Abby.

Mark's daughter, Jenifer with Jaxon next to her and Kayden.  Heather is at the top on the right.

Jenifer's beau, Steven, included in this picture.

Grandpa Mark and Abby.

Who's turn next?

Mark's son, Michael, with Noah.

Liz, Brad and Abby

Ryan driving Hannah.  Ryan spent LOTS of time on the trails today!


Aunt Jessica has asked Hannah to be involved in fixing my hair for the reception next Saturday, so she practiced some.

Hard to see, but there are French braids there somewhere.

Abby playing with Dakota in the sand box.

Chillaxin' under the car port.  It was a beautiful day!  Not too hot!



Jaxon joined Abby and Dakota at the sand box.

Grandpa Mark and Ryan.

Noah on the 4-wheeler.

Say, "Cheese!"  Michael and Kayden.


Steven and Jaxon.

Kayden drove this trip.

Then Mark and I followed Kayden.

We followed Kayden on the 4-wheeler.
Things were wrapping up by this time.  Everyone was getting ready to leave.  The day was a success with the grandkids already wanting to do it again!  Which we will!

Here are some videos that I took on the 18th of August where we ran Piper, the doberman, back on the trails, which she loves after being in her kennel through the day.  These are some of the trails the kids enjoyed.  Some of them are really rough from tree roots crossing the trails and from tree stumps still visible.






Happy Trails to you all!

No comments: