Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Shower Time

I am so thankful for my girls, and that includes my girl who is mine by marriage to my oldest son!  Yes, I count her as a daughter!  Anyway, they have taken over the task of preparing for the bridal shower that happens this weekend.  And they have taken over the task of preparing for the wedding reception that will happen in the very near future.

I really messed things up by getting married so quickly!  The original date was December 22nd.  That got moved to September 1st.  And then Mark and I went ahead and got married at the courthouse on July 26th.  That means all of the planning for the bridal shower and reception took on a crash-course agenda!

Beautiful work on the invitations by both of my Jessicas.  One took the photos and one created the invitation.  Not sure which will be the final one she sends.




With the girls working on the shower and the reception, that frees me up to work on the house and get it to a place where I can move myself in!  Right now the piles are deep!  There are several boxes ready to drop off at Goodwill.  We have a bed being delivered next Tuesday, so our bedroom will have to be cleared out to make room for the bigger bed!  Progress is slow going!

Plus, I have a storage building that is on Ilene's property that needs to be moved here.

Plus, I have to clean out the parsonage (which is waiting on the storage building move)!

Plus, I have to clean out Ilene's (which is no really big hurry)!

Plus, I have to clean out the church office!

OY VEY!!!  Calgon!  Take me away!

Here are some pictures Jessica took while we visited with she and Michael and Kara in Alabama last weekend. Jessica took us to a little park a couple of miles away from the house. LOVE them!















And, I had some fun with selfies with Kara.  We took lots of selfies over the weekend, but I accidentally deleted them, which made me mad! GRRR!



And this silly one of me making a face at Kara!


I hate that I lost a bunch of the photos I took with my phone!  Anyone know of a way to retrieve them before its too late?

Until next time!

No comments: