Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Projects

Finally!  A Saturday we could sleep in!  And we didn't!  We had lots we wanted to do today!  Some projects around the house.  So we got our showers and got ready to start the day with breakfast at the Towne Center Diner up the street.  You can't go shopping on a empty stomach, right? 

Then we went to Lowes with a list. We wanted to look for a closet rod for my closet, an extra long towel bar for the bathroom, fencing to build a fenced-in area to move the doberman outside, sink plug for the kitchen sink, sink plug for the bathroom sink.

We realized we needed to know the width of the closet, so we couldn't buy the closet rod.  The stopper for the kitchen sink was too little so the water would not stay in the sink.  And we didn't know if we would hit studs for the towel bar in the bathroom or not which would require anchors if no studs. 

We took the measurement for the closet rod after we got back home and then headed back to Lowes.  And we did need anchors for the bathroom towel bar.  And we returned the kitchen stopper and got a different one that worked.
New towel bar.  Mark is removing some old screws.  We will have to patch the holes in the plaster.
Drilling for the anchors for the closet bar



Its hard to tell, but he is hanging from the bar, all 230 lbs of him!  I think it will hold my clothes!  :D
We got a lot accomplished today!  Got lots of stuff moved to the basement.  I even started putting some things into my building that I will use to set up the crafting area.

This evening we went to Conn's Home Furnishings to look at dressers and couches and flat stove tops.  We came away with a sweeper!  :D

Tomorrow is our day of rest and I am so looking forward to it!  Have a blessed day!

No comments: