Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, February 11, 2022

Define "Fine"

I read a proverb today from the daily email I get from The Old Farmer's Almanac, which I signed up for last year when I took on the raised garden bed, 3-tiered boxes project. The proverb reads, "If February gives much snow, a fine summer it doth foreshow."  What does that mean, exactly?   I am thinking what is "fine" for the one who wrote the proverb may or may not be "fine" for someone else.  Does "fine" mean low humidity?  If so, I'm OK with that!  I can stand more heat if the humidity is low.  Or, does it mean perfect weather?  I'm OK with that, too, but now we need to define "perfect!"  Perfect for me means no to low humidity, 70 to low 70s, sunny, blue skies, shirt sleeve weather!  Or, does "fine" depend on where you are on this vast planet we call Earth? The weather I am experiencing might be fine for me, but the weather somewhere else might not be fine for those who live there!  By the way, it IS beautiful here in NC today.......nearly perfect to me.....because I did have to wear a light jacket out.  66 and sunny with no humidity, blue skies and a breeze is mighty fine to me! 😁

Any day Mark can work in his shirt sleeves without roasting is a fine day!  Look at that fine, blue sky!


Over the mountain over the sea
Back where my heart is longing to be
Please let the light that shines on me
Shine on the one I love

I see the moon the moon sees me
Down through the leaves of the old oak tree
Please let the light that shines on me
Shine on the one I love


Here's a fine shot of the moon I took at 3 p.m. today.

 


Closer.....


Closer still.....this shot looks kinda creepy to me.....like someone's brain!  Does anyone see that besides me?



Mark's shelter for his sawmill is shaping up just fine!  We are going to look at roofing panels today.


Mr. House Finch is a fine looking finch!



Mark and I went together today for eye exams.  I hadn't been for 4 years.  I only had to pay $30 for the exam through Medicare due to having a "medical classification" associated with my file for the narrow angle glaucoma and cataracts, I guess.  That's fine by me!  The glasses and lens were another story.....NOT $30!


Yesterday, we three fine musketeers spent the day together.  I picked up Carolyn on the way to Ilene's and from there we went to lunch at Randy's.  We had a fine meal!  When we came back we spent the rest of the day at Ilene's playing Farkle and Rummikub.  Mark was going to work on the shed and then burn some trash at the pits and would not be back to the house til after dark, so Carolyn and I left at 6:30 for home.  I sure love these ladies!  Thank You, Lord, for sending these women into my life.  They are wonderful, fine Christian women, mentors, and friends! 💖




No comments: