Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Sweet Friends

My dear friend, Carolyn McGrew, was able to spend the day with Ilene and me today!  First time I've seen her since the before Thanksgiving, I believe!  No thanks to COVID!

I picked her up around 10:30 and picked Ilene up and then we went to Ruby Tuesday in Thomasville for their lunch special they were having.  Burgers and Chicken sandwiches with fries or tots for $5.  Carolyn ended up paying for mine.  Thank you, Carolyn!

After lunch we went back to Ilene's where we played Rummikub all day until 6:45 p.m.  We had a blast!  It was so nice to be together again!

Before leaving the house this morning I took a few bird pictures, too.  I took the camera to Ilene's but didn't get any pictures.

The puzzle that Ilene and I worked on last week was finished.  Ilene worked on it over the weekend.  I was planning to hang it up but I didn't like the looks of it.  All of the intersecting pieces of puzzle really detracted from the beauty of the puzzle.  I am disappointed because I got the four seasons purposely so I could hang them in my dining room.  Oh well!

More snow is predicted for this Sunday!  We are supposed to attend a Whisnants concert and then go out to eat with Bobby and Joy.  Hopefully we will still be able to do that!

That be it for me for today!

I believe this is a mockingbird.


The pine warbler was back today.


"The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady - Spring" by Edith Holden.  See what I mean by the lines detracting from the images?!  :)


My dear friends!  Love you to pieces!


 Thank You, LORD, for the blessing of Christian friends!

No comments: