Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, February 21, 2022

More Days Gone By

Mark's childhood friend and neighbor he grew up with came for a visit last weekend.  The land that our woods and fire pit area is on was actually land she sold to Mark before we got married and then I finished paying it off after we were married.  Mark is planning to work on a cabin this year since he has a sawmill now.  It will be near the fire pit area.  One good thing about the land being paid off is that if the state ever decides to finish widening and improving NC109 our house will be history but we will have a place to go on our own property!  I think originally that was supposed to happen next year, but the grapevine says that project is way down the project line! 

Anyway, last week while Robin and her brother, Kenneth, were here she wanted to take a walk back through the woods to see what all Mark has done with the fire pit area, etc.  It was wonderful to finally get to meet her in person.

February 12th

Robin lives closer to the coast, but Kenneth lives near us, so Kenneth and I hung back to let Mark and Robin talk and catch up.






This past Friday, the 18th, was a beautiful, sunny day.  We met Ilene and Carolyn in Wallburg for breakfast.  Afterwards, we came home and Ilene took Carolyn to her house.  I cleaned up the kitchen and did a load of laundry while Mark worked on getting tin for the sawmill shed and getting some of it installed.  While he was doing that and after I got my work done, I went on over to Ilene's with plans for Mark to join us over there for supper and then to play games afterwards.  We ate about 7:30 to give Mark opportunity to work as long as there was daylight.  We played games until around 11:00.  I drove Carolyn home.  Mark followed me most of the way until I got to Carolyn's road.  Our house is only about 4 miles from Carolyn's.  We are actually closer to her than Ilene is.

At Wallburg Diner and Pizzaria for breakfast



Ilene, Carolyn and I finished this puzzle while waiting to start supper.  It was hard!  But we gotter' done!




After supper was on the three of us played some Rummikub.

Besides Rummikub, we played Farkle, a dice game.  I ordered another game, Qwirkle, to add to our repertoire of games to play with Ilene and Carolyn.

All good times must come to an end!  However, I am sure Ilene would let us stay all night, LOL!  Thanks so much for your sweet hospitality, Ilene!  We all love you! 

Monday, February 21st

And, another week has begun!  Today I have been working on some scrapbook pages.  I've been trying to scrap some of my childhood pictures and older, miscellaneous family pictures.

This is one of Joey, Kim and me that was taken at the Indiana State Fair in 1963.  It almost looks like a picture from one of those photo booths.  None of us looks very happy.  And we look like we were crammed into a tight spot to get all three of us in the picture.



This is a picture I got from someone of Tim's mom's dad, Harry Day.  He was a good looking man!  It was a picture of a picture someone was holding in their hand.  It had a rip in it that I took care of in Photoshop.

I heard a phrase that resonated with my heart quite awhile back from our pastor, "in acceptance lieth peace".  He said it was a quote from Amy Carmichael, a missionary.  Today, while working with this kit named, "Contentment" I remembered this phrase.  In googling the quote today I found this poem by Hannah Hurnard.

I pray you are content today!

No comments: