Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, February 3, 2022

Happy Birthday, Sister!

When I think about my siblings, the thought of all of us being in our 60's just seems so unreal to me!  It seems like yesterday that we were all still at home with mom and dad.  It also seems impossible that dad went home to heaven almost 19 years ago and mom followed him almost 17 years ago!  Where, oh where, have the years flown to?

Anyway, my baby sister turned 62 today!  I pray you have had a wonderful day!  I love you very much!  You may shoot me for posting some of these pictures, but..............

School days







18 Months 




24 Months



1963 Osgood Fair


1964 California






1965 California



1966 Mahaneys on Big Boone Road


October 1970 River Road




1971



1972


No comments: