Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, February 15, 2009

February 15, 2009

The Man on the Middle Cross by Mosie Lister

Verses
Three crosses once stood on a lonely hill where three were crucified.
There was one without blame on the middle cross, and a thief on either side.

On Calvary’s dark hill where the crosses stood my Savior in anguish tossed,
“Father, oh Father forgive them now,” came the cry from the middle cross.

Chorus
Oh, the man on the middle cross was my Lord, dying to save me from loss.
Sinless and blameless I see him now, looking down from the middle cross.

I thought of this song today when I got the picture for my page below. These 3 crosses can be found on lots of hillsides in WV, probably other states, too. They have always fascinated me. They always remind me of how blessed I am that Jesus was willing to give up his life to save me. It is something I cannot understand, but am so thankful for.

The kit is Winter Glow by Michelle Pieters at Digitals: http://digitalscrapbookpages.com/digitals/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=&products_id=13966

No comments: