Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, February 27, 2009

February 27, 2009

Boy! What a day I have had! And it has been a very long day, too! I did not go to bed last night. I caught up on some computer work and some layouts for the challenges at Digitals. And the next thing I knew, it was 5:00 a.m. So, I decided it was too late to go to bed, so I just read my Bible and waited for Tim to get up so I could get busy!

I had a double burst of energy from somewhere! When Tim got up, I cleaned up the kitchen, I gathered the laundry to wash, I cleaned Tim's bathroom and my bathroom. I not only swept with the broom, but I swept with the sweeper! I worked on another bulletin board for church, but didn't get it done. After I fixed supper, I went shopping and I have been looking for items for Tim to use in his Creation Seminar he will be doing in FL at the end of March. I cannot find a round globe for love or money! And, he needs an eye. I haven't been able to find one of those, either! I think I'm going to check Dollar Tree Direct.com to see what they have. I heard over the intercom when I was in there the other day that they will deliver free for pickup to one of their stores!

Anyway, while I was out shopping tonight, I hit red light after red light! But, I was in no hurry, so it didn't bother me too much! Besides that, I hadn't taken any pictures yet for today's page! So, I decided pictures of the red lights would work for me!

And, Cindy Ritter's "Animal Antics" kit has the best background that worked really well with the light effects in the pics, which I used. The polka dot paper is the one I am referring to.

If you have any ideas for me on the globe and the eye, let me know!

6 comments:

Tobi said...

What a wonderful composition!! I love it!

Elisabeth said...

next time you get that burst of energy, come to my house, will ya?! Glad your day was productive. Hannah is still vomiting so we are sleeping in the livingroom tonight. I saw a round globe at k mart in the toys section this morning.

Vicky said...

Thanks, Liz, for the globe fact. I started to go to KMart on the way home tonight, but I thought, if Walmart doesn't have it, KMart won't! LOL!
I sure hope Hannah is better soon!
Love you!

Alisha said...

Have you tried something like the parent teacher store...you know where they sell stuff for teaching anatomy...they might have an eye & surely they'd have a globe!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh good idea about a parent teacher store Alisha! By the way...LOVE the red light page!

Vicky said...

Thanks Alisha and Stephanie for the Parent Teacher Store info. But, I haven't found one here yet. And Tim told me today it was not a biggy. He would just use pictures cuz he didn't want to spend that much money on them.
And, thanks, Stephanie for the comment on the layout!
Miss you all! Hugs!