Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, February 26, 2009

February 26, 2009

Thursdays are DH's proclaimed day off from church work. However, especially during the winter months when we don't go anywhere for the cold, he usually ends up working anyway. But today, with the promise of temperatures in the 60's, we decided to take a day trip to one of our state parks. So, we left the house at 10:30 a.m. and traveled about 2 hours west to Chimney Rock State Park in Chimney Rock, NC. After we purchased the tickets we drove to the restrooms. There were picnic tables set up, so we ate a picnic lunch of chicken salad on whole wheat bagels and also chips. The sun was shining and it was beautiful. I wondered if I had messed up by wearing a turtle neck under a sweatshirt. However, the higher the elevation we reached, the windier it was and I was glad I had the layers. I got hot climbing the stairs, not to mention out of breath, but cooled down quickly once we got to our destinations. Can you say, "OUT OF SHAPE!" WHEW!

Anyway, we had a wonderful day. I knew I would have to do a 2-pager for today's project 365. I used Cindy Ritter's new kit, "Animal Antics." There is also a brag book, which I created, and a set of quick pages - all made using the kit. You can find them all HERE. AND THEY ARE ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME, SO HURRY!!!

Click on the picture so you can get a better view of the 2-pager in another window.



2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

looks like a lot of fun! I can't wait until we can get out and camp and hike. The pics are beautiful! It has been raining here all morning.

Vicky said...

Yeah, it has been rainy here all day today, too. Good thing we took our trip yesterday! :)