Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

February 25, 2009

The wheels on the bus go round and round
Round and round, round and round.
The wheels on the bus go round and round
All through the town.

Today's page brought back childhood memories of school bus riding. Some good and some not so good! All in all, riding the school bus was not so bad. After all, that's where I first met my DH. I was such a smart aleck at the time! I always ventured to the back of the bus. One day a guy walked back to my seat and very politely asked if someone was sitting there next to me. I think I made some smart comment like, "it doesn't look like it." Then when I got off the bus, after Tim had already been dropped off, the bus driver said to me, "Was that your boyfriend?" To which I answered, "NO! He stinks!" Not literally stank as in smelled, but I had my eyes on another boy that lived on down the street past where I lived and I made this comment specifically loud enough for his ears! Well, who would have ever guessed that Tim and I would start going together before the school year ended! And, who would have ever thought that we would be high school sweethearts and get married! Not to mention all of the other blessings we have had together! Only God knew in His sovereignty!

Anyway, that being said........today's page was created using Silvia Romeo's "New Year's Dreams" kit found HERE




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So funny. I know lots of people with stories about bus rides! Love the page too.