Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, February 28, 2009

February 28, 2009

Well, the year is 1/6 over! LOL! The older you get, the quicker the time flies by! Boy, isn't that the truth! Even my daughter, Elisabeth, who is less than half my age, is beginning to realize this as she watches her children grow up before her very eyes! Life is a funny thing! We try to hold onto it while it slips through our hands! And we have no control over it!

After having been up for 48 hours, I slept like a rock last night! I stirred sometime after daylight and needed to go to the bathroom, but kept laying there because hubby wasn't up yet. Next thing I knew, he was finished with his shower and had come into the bedroom to get dressed. I decided my bladder could hold no more! So, I got up for the day. It was about 8:30, which is an hour later than I usually sleep.

Today it has been raining all day long. It hasn't been too cold, but just a dreary day. Another lady from church and I were going to take one of the older ladies shopping today, but because of the rain, that was not a good idea because she has to use a walker. She postponed the shopping trip last week because of a birthday party for her great grandson that happened. That's ok. It will get done eventually!

I started doing some work around the house. I got the dishes put away and loaded a few more, stripped our bed so I could wash the sheets and even the blankets. Then I was going to work on getting the last bulletin board done in the SS building. Tim has been buying digital books and selling his commentaries and other books that he has replaced digitally. He announced that he was going to take a couple of boxes to the Christian bookstore to sell, so I decided to ride along. I threw a load of sheets in the dryer and I grabbed a pack of bulletin board letters to punch out on the trip to make good use of my time, while spending the time with DH, too. Killed two birds with one stone, I guess you could say! That's what I like to do, multi-tasking!

Anyway, that's what today's page includes is pictures of Tim's books we took to sell, the Christian bookstore where we took them, and my traveling office, lol! I created today's page with Silvia Romeo's "New Years Dreams" kit. I have really enjoyed being Silvia's CT this month! She certainly has some beautiful kits to work with! I think I did pretty well for her this month! I worked with 4 of her kits and created 2 sets of 8 quick page albums! Hope she enjoyed having me as her CT as much as I enjoyed it! Thanks, Silvia, for letting me work with your beautiful kits!

No comments: