Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Butterflies, Birds and Bugs



Thursday, January 30, 2014
Left Kim’s at 7:15 a.m. in the rain.  It is 9:49 right now and the sun has just peaked itself from behind heavy cloud cover.  We are traveling the Florida Turnpike and just went through the toll plaza where we paid $6.40.  I had to call and get information on how to pay the toll as we kept seeing signs for “NO CASH” accepted.

Our first “excursion” of the day is going to be Butterfly World in Coconut Creek, FL.  I LOVE butterflies, so I hope the rain does not mess up our visit, but I am assuming that the butterflies will be under cover.  Hoping to get some beautiful photos!

Spent an enjoyable couple of hours at Butterfly World!  I don’t buy “souvenirs” for myself, but I got some things this time.  A 2014 calendar at 50% off, some moisture-soaking coasters and an ink pen.  The attraction also included birds and bugs!  Here are the beautiful photos (including some of the flowers and excluding the bugs we saw)!  God is a WONDERFUL artist!




















Tim getting $1 to buy nectar for these parrots.  This guy landed on Tim and started snooping in his shirt pocket.

They sure were friendly, and beautiful!


We arrived at the resort at 12:30 and our room was ready, so we moved in.  Had to pay for parking, but, ooooooooooooooooooh the view!  We have NEVER, EVER stayed “on” the beach before!  Praying for a BEAUTIFUL sunrise!



Tim taking pictures and sending pictures to his mom.

Took this photo when we walked on the beach.


We didn’t eat lunch in anticipation of eating at Texas de Brazil, per Jesse’s suggestion.  Tim looked on the internet to see when it opened.  4 p.m. is a good time to eat dinner when you haven’t eaten since 8:30 a.m.  However, when we got there, they said they didn’t open til 5:30!  Well, I had a serious headache brewing already, so I knew that I could not wait another 1 ½ hours, so we decided to eat somewhere else and go to Texas de Brazil another night.  We will lose out on the $16 coupon that expires today, however!  Oh well!

So, we began driving around and passed several restaurants……….until we saw………..



We were happy campers!  The waitress said in the 5 years she has worked there, there have been 4 or 5 times that she has heard tires screeching to a halt and coming into their parking lot.  She said, “that is when we say, “They are definitely from Ohio!”  :D

I took this picture of the blue sky breaking through the clouds and the sun shining a bit.  Well, that lasted about 5 minutes!  The only difference from the rain here and some of the other bad weather that is hitting the east coast is that the temperatures are in the 60s here today.



We are in for the evening now.  I have barely slept the last 2 nights.  I’m thinking tonight is going to be early to bed!  Praying for a beautiful, sunny sunrise tomorrow!  Tim is already getting comfy!  :D


We did take a walk on the beach before coming in for showers before we left for dinner.  Tim saw this shell that is purplish.  I plan to use it in combination with beads for a necklace.

We got a stack of brochures of things to do in and around Ft. Lauderdale.  Those excursions will begin tomorrow!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm SO glad you're getting this vacation! Looks like you're having a really good time! God IS an amazing artist! I don't know how anyone can look at a bird with all those beautiful colored feathers perfectly designed or a pattern on a butterfly and NOT think there is an ultimate artist!

Kimberly Pitman said...

Beautiful photos! I was drooling over the one of the humming bird. I miss those little guys!

Some people will go a long way for their Skyline Chili! ;)

Unknown said...

I am so thankful you two are able to be together like this! Enjoy every second and rejoice in the Goodness of God! We love you!