Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Just News

Well, we ended up not going to WV yesterday for the Pastor's Fellowship.  I did not rest well at all through the night, tossing and turning from one side to the other so I could breathe.  I felt a cold coming on Thursday and it was drizzly all day and I'm sure being out in it did not help my circumstances any.  When I got out of bed I told Tim that if he was still planning on going to WV (they were supposed to get lots of snow) that I was not going.

I had a horrendous headache and the DayQuil certainly didn't help it any at all!  I finally took some of my regular headache medicine and the headache eventually subsided a bit.  I napped in Tim's recliner for a couple of hours.  Through the afternoon, I didn't feel too bad.  I was able to hold my head up without it feeling like it would explode, anyway!  I slept in the recliner last night to help keep my head from plugging up so badly.

I showed you a beaded bracelet I made on Thursday.  Here is what I made yesterday.  The earrings are called "Hydrangea Earrings."  They were supposed to be longer, having 2 more "clusters" of flowers, but I don't care for dangly earrings, so I left off a couple of clusters and leaves.  Since I had some beads left to make more flower clusters, I decided to make a matching necklace.  However, I ran out of green beads, so I am going to have to make a trip to $$ Tree.  LOVE that store!  I just hope they have more of the beads left that I need!  Here's a couple of pictures of the earrings and the necklace.

There were supposed to be 4 "flowers" in each cluster, but I decided that was too many, so I did less.  I did 4 in the bottom cluster, 2 in the middle and 3 at the top.


I took this photo so you could see the difference between the front and the back of the earrings.
And here's the necklace that I had to stop on until I get some more beads.

Speaking of beads, here are some beads I have bought recently that will eventually turn into necklaces and/or bracelets.  I also did some close up photos so you could see some of the patterns and shapes better.








While the grandkids were here last weekend, we made some cinnamon dough with glue and water and then used cookie cutters that Jessica brought with her from Maryland and then baked them to dry them quicker.  I threaded my hearts today and will be hanging this up over my sink.

 That's it for me.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get feeling better soon, Vicky!! Beautiful earrings and necklace. I absolutely *love* the heart chain!!!! That will be so pretty hanging over your sink!!

Molly said...

Fun heart chain… may be borrowing that idea for my mantle at Valentine's… and you are certainly a beading whiz… finger's crossed for $$Tree success!

jeday0323 said...

Your creativity never ceases to amaze me!!!