Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Visiting With My Sister



Tuesday, January 28, 2014
I tossed and turned A.L.L. night long!  It was a relief for Tim to get up at 6:30 so I could get up, too!  While he took his shower, I checked my e-mail and facebook posts and got my daily downloads of scrapbooking stuff.  I should just stop doing that as I haven’t scrapbooked in a couple of months!  I have done a few pages for some challenges at a couple of sites, but haven’t even posted the pages.  Oh well.  Maybe I will be motivated to get back into it some day.

After I got my shower we headed to breakfast.  Everyone was leaving Dodge because of the weather reports.  In actuality, the weather isn’t supposed to hit til this afternoon.  But, like us, everyone wants to get a jump on the “Winter Storm 2014” as the local TV station is calling it.

Since we jumped the gun on the car, Enterprise didn’t have a chance to do the thorough cleaning and recapping of fluids the way they normally do, so we needed to buy windshield washer fluid before we hit the road.  So, we crossed the street to the Shell station and bought a gallon of the fluid and the car took almost all of it!  We may need it if we get into nasty roads before we arrive at the Matthews’ house later.  This is the first car we’ve ever driven that had a warning “bell” for low windshield washer fluid!  We’ve never even heard of this car before.  But it must not be too new as there is more than 22,000 miles already logged on it.

Anyway, we were on the road by 8:15 and scheduled to arrive at Ed and Virginia Matthews’ house at 12:36.  What did we ever do without the little “wife in a box” we call, Monica?!



Here’s a picture of my sweet guy in the driver’s seat.  I rarely ever am afforded the opportunity to share that seat on a trip!  But, that is OK with me.  Fortunately I am blessed to be able to do whatever I want in the car without experiencing car sickness.  I can play on my computer, read a book, play games on Tim’s iPad, knit, sleep…….whatever I feel like doing.  Tim is not a big talker, so the radio is usually on to conservative talk shows like Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, etc.  Tim meant to grab the music CDs to bring with us, but forgot about them in our rush to leave last night.


Here’s my computer set up.  Not much room to maneuver my mouse, but I make due.  I just can’t (refuse to) get the hang of the built in mouse pad on the lap top.


The clouds are rolling in as we head further south.  This portion of I-95 doesn’t look like it has been treated with the brine, but you can see the cloud cover….no blue skies like we had at home yesterday.  The current temperature is showing as 45 on the car.  Yesterday it was almost 60 degrees!


We entered Georgia at approximately 9 a.m.  Palm trees greeted us!

10:04 a.m.  As we listen to the news, Austin, TX is beginning to freeze.  Yet as we travel further south, the temperature is rising!  It was 45 in Walterboro, SC when we left.  Here we are in Georgia, 26 miles from the Florida line and the temperature is 50 degrees!  But, it has been rainy/drizzley for the last hour.  I am praying for sunshine as we get below the weather line that was shown on the illustration Liz sent to me on facebook.



We entered FL at around 10:30.  I wanted to take a picture as we entered, but I was busy playing a game on Tim’s iPad and missed the opportunity!  I should have told him to warn me, but I didn’t!  Oh well!  Just take my word for it!  We are about 20 minutes from Port Orange where the Matthews live and it is 75 deg and the sun is shining!  There are still some clouds, however!

How’s this?



Ate lunch with the Matthews at Bob Evans after a short visit with them in their home.  What a wonderful couple they are.  We always hate to see them leave in October to come down here for the winter and we always LOVE seeing them come home in April!  So, we are back on the road and heading towards Kim’s.  It is 2:30 and showing 81 deg. On the dash thermometer!  I had to shed my jacket!  :D

We traveled from Port Orange to Cocoa Beach to the Dinosaur Store where Tim likes to look at the fossils.  Then from there traveled down 1A1 to Melbourne to where my sister, Kim works.  We treated her to supper at Chili’s.  Now we are relaxing and watching Wheel of Fortune.  Pam and Jesse and the kids may come over later.



We played the "Bones" dice game before going to bed last night.
 
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Pam, Jesse and the kids did NOT come over last night, however we stopped and visited with them for a little bit between lunch and their nap time, which is 2 p.m.

We left the house this morning between 8 and 8:30 and ate breakfast at Hardees.  LOVED their biscuits and sausage gravy!  That is what Kim and I ordered.  Reminded me of mom’s gravy.  Tim doesn’t do that kind of gravy much, so the gravy that came with his platter he gave to us.  He had a scrambled egg, sausage, hash browns and biscuit meal.


We went to the old district of Melbourne to walk the streets and visit the shops, but it was before 9:30 and none of the shops were open yet, so we headed to a Goodwill store then by the time we got back the shops were opening.  Only went into a few stores that interested us and only bought beads at the bead shop.  WOW!  I could have spent all day in there! 

After that we went to a couple more thrift shops then headed to Pam’s house so we could get our visit in before time for the kids to take their naps.  Then back to Kim’s for a bite of lunch.  We will just hang out here for the afternoon.



This is a wren that has been sleeping in Kim's garage.  I've never seen a bird huddled in the corner to sleep without a nest!

Jesse, Pam and kids brought Hungry Howie's pizza over for dinner tonight before church.  Kim had fixed us some pasta salad to eat for our supper and so we ate that with the pizza!  I was amazed to see the kids eat the pasta salad!  They are good eaters!

Charity is taking piano lessons from one of the members before church, so they left at about 6 so they would have enough time for the lessons before church started at 7:30.

We got ready to leave for church but Kim's car would not start.  Turns out the battery was dead.  Jesse just put another one in for her.  Kim said, "Now I have to go to work tomorrow!"  :D  I'm glad Jesse was able to help her, even though she has to go to work now!  :D

Headed further south tomorrow!

No comments: