Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, January 31, 2014

In the Jungle, the Mighty Jungle



Friday, January 31, 2014
I had such a headache that I went to bed at 8 last night.  So, I knew I would be up EARLY!  (3:30 – 4:00 is what I am guessing as I do NOT look at the clock when I wake up through the night.  It plays with my mind, lol!)  That was OK as I knew I would not miss the sunrise!  However, it is still very cloudy and rainy this morning, so if the sun is there, it is behind the clouds.  The clouds are supposed to start moving out today, however and a nice weekend of 80 degree temps as the high and 60s as the lows with sunshine!

I got dressed around 7 and Tim stirred in the bed.  I told him I was going down to walk on the beach and pick up shells.  He said he would go with me, so he dressed.  I could tell he wasn’t exactly awake yet because he put on his every day  shoes.  He changed them when I brought them to his attention.  :D

TONS of jelly fish washed up with the sea weed last night.  One guy showed us his toe where he was standing at the water’s edge when a wave broke over his feet and he was left with a jelly fish sting to his big toe!

Before going  back into the hotel, we ate breakfast at the Bamboo Club and Tiki Bar (that kept us awake with their music for awhile last night).

Here are some pictures from this morning:












After breakfast we set out for the day’s “excursion” of going to Jungle Island in Miami.  It was basically a smaller version of zoo.  And we attended a couple of the shows and then ate a late lunch in their Café before we left.






























After we got back, we went for a walk to the North of our hotel.  We walked and walked and walked. As we walked I collected some shells and pieces that I want to use to make some necklaces.  Also went out on a pier and really enjoyed watching the pelicans and seagulls and other birds. 







We ended the day by eating at Blue Tokyo restaurant in the hotel.  Now we are just relaxing before bed time!  From all the walking today, I figure I will probably have sore legs tomorrow!

1 comment: