Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Anniversaries

Anniversaries are supposed to be happy days.  A celebration.  Another memory made.  A hope realized.  And the same hope renewed.  Waiting to be fulfilled.  Another year passes.  Another celebration.  The shared dreams continue.

Some anniversaries are not so happy.  They count off the end of celebrations.  No more memories being made.  No more hopes realized.  The shared dreams ended.  And the months pass.

The days are filled with busy-ness.  Things to occupy the mind.  To keep the thoughts from dwelling on the ended celebrations.  The ended making of memories to pass on to the next and the next generation.  The ending of dreams shared only with one other person.....you.

You have been gone seven months today.  I try to imagine what you might be doing in heaven.  All I can think is that you are worshiping our Savior.  That you are walking on streets of gold.  That you are healed.  You have a new body.  You are no longer in the fight with cancer.  You are free from the cares and concerns of this world.  And that is something to celebrate!

"Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints."  Psalm 116:15  God celebrated when you got home to heaven!  I celebrate the fact of knowing you.  I celebrate God putting you in my life!  I celebrate the love we shared, the children we bore, the God we served together and made the center of our lives! But I'm not ready to celebrate your going to heaven.....not yet, anyway.

So, the months will pass and I will add another mark to the number of months you are gone.  One of these days I will stop counting because my time will come to enter heaven, too.  And then someone else will begin counting off the months.

Happy 7th month in heaven, sweetie!

1975

No comments: