Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Lights In The World

The adults are going through the book of Philippians in Sunday School.  Today was chapter 2 verses 12-15.  To "work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" does not mean we are to "do" to gain salvation.  The "work" is God working in us to do the things that please Him (vs.13).  Salvation is His work (Ephesians 2:8, 9).  Since we are working for Him, we are to do the work He has for us to do without grumbling or complaining about it (vs.14).  Why?  Because the world is watching us.  And the world is crooked and corrupt.  As God is in us, we need to shine as lights in the world because we have the True Light within us (v.15)!  Pretty basic teaching, but we all need to be reminded of it from time to time.  Lord, help me to always do your will without grumbling or complaining so I can be Your light in this dark and sinful world!

We had cold rain all day today.  The rain could change to snow by morning.  I'll be glad when Spring gets here to stay!

I've been doing some digital scrapbooking this month.  My inspiration for these pages are from the challenges over at The Digi Chick, HERE.  You can click on each page to see the credits.

Desktop Challenge

Use It All Challenge

Color Challenge

Progressive Challenge

Scraplift Challenge

Template Challenge

Tic Tac Toe Challenge

Word Art Challenge
I think I will close and do some reading before bed.  Have a great week!  Be sure and let God's light shine through you in the world!

No comments: