Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Beauty Deeper Than The Skin

Do you consider yourself beautiful?  What makes a person beautiful?  If you ask the world, their definition would be much different from what the Bible tells us about beauty!   The world says you are beautiful if you look a certain way.  But that beauty is only skin deep.  Psalm 149:4 says,  "For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation."  That's the kind of beauty I want!  This beauty is not something that you lose after you become old.  Nope!  It is eternal and you got it the very moment you were saved.  Thank You, LORD!  Help me to shine beautifully for You!

So, are you beautiful?  I hope and pray that you are one of the beautiful people!  I was given that compliment a couple of days ago!  I count it a great compliment!  It is only through the cross of Jesus that I can claim this beauty!  Only through what He did for me when He chose to save me!  Thank You, LORD, for the beautiful gift of salvation!


I moved the bird feeders to the clothes line poles because I thought the squirrels would NOT be able to climb the metal poles.  Well, I was wrong!  So, the next thing we are going to try is spraying the pole with Pam cooking spray.  This feeder was on the ground the other day and I thought the wind had knocked it off.  I'm pretty sure it was a squirrel event now!
Acrobatic squirrel.

This puzzle was started after I got home from spending the month of November with Jessica.  We worked and worked on it.  Finally, Christmas rolled around and Ilene needed the table space for her family, so we taped a page of newspaper over it and stored it under the bed.  We kept putting off finishing it until this week.  It took quite a while, but we got it done!  I told Ilene we ought to frame this one since it took us so long to do!
Our latest puzzle that we started last December!
 Ilene and I went for a walk today since it was so warm out.  As we passed a wooded area, I heard rustling in the dry leaves and saw a pheasant peeping over the brush at us.  After Ilene and I got back to the house after our walk, I grabbed my camera and headed out in search of the bird.  I walked into the field next to the house.  While watching my step, she flew from her hiding spot to the end of the property.  By the time I got my camera zoomed in and focused she was gone.  So I tried to pursue her.  But, I never saw her again.  We saw the male a couple of weeks ago.  The pictures I have below of the pheasants are off of the internet.  I got a picture of the male, but not a very good one.

Female pheasant

Male pheasant
As I was walking to find the pheasant, I noticed the new green plants bursting forth from the dead leaf-covered floor of the woods.  Made me think of God giving us life in salvation, bringing us back from the death penalty of sin.
Life from death.
Anyone know what these track are?  Deer?
Foot prints.
This birdhouse is hanging on the clothes line pole.  I emptied the contents a couple of weeks ago, not expecting anyone to make a home from it.  However, my surprise today was seeing a chickadee going in and out.  Either the nest was being built, or babies were being fed.
Nesting
My last "bird" picture for the day.  If you would be interested in buying this to restore this 1968 Falcon, please contact me and I will put you in touch with the owner.
1968 Falcon



I am heading north tomorrow morning to spend the weekend with my oldest daughter.  Have a blessed Easter weekend and a wonderful celebration of what Jesus did for us on this Resurrection Sunday!  UP from the grave He AROSE!!!  He is risen, INDEED!


1. Low in the grave he lay, Jesus my Savior,
waiting the coming day, Jesus my Lord!
Refrain:
Up from the grave he arose;
with a mighty triumph o'er his foes;
he arose a victor from the dark domain,
and he lives forever, with his saints to reign.
He arose! He arose! Hallelujah! Christ arose!

2. Vainly they watch his bed, Jesus my Savior,
vainly they seal the dead, Jesus my Lord!
(Refrain)

3. Death cannot keep its prey, Jesus my Savior;
he tore the bars away, Jesus my Lord!
(Refrain)

No comments: