Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Eastern Towhee Bird

Thanks to a dear pastor friend, Bro. Dale Wallace, who gave me the name of the bird I had questions about in yesterday's post.  He gave me the name, Rufous-sided Towhee.  This site is now calling it the Eastern Towhee:

The Rye Record
(click on title to read more)

"As the Cornell Lab of Ornithology describes it, adults have rufous sides, a white belly, and a long dark tail with white edges. The eyes are red, white for birds in the Southeast. Males have a black head, upper body, and tail; these parts are brown in the female. For the edification of birding beginners, more experienced birders like to refer to the color that Benjamin Moore calls “rusty red” as rufous."

Mine is obviously a female as the colors are not as striking as those shown in the male below.  Plus, mine looks gray instead of brown.  Must be a camera thing!  :D

Male (picture from "The Rye Record")

Female (picture from "The Rye Record")
One of my photos.

One of my photos.
Thank you, Brother Dale, for your information!  It never ceases to amaze me at the beauty found in God's creation and how He designed the male birds to be brighter and prettier than the females who usually blend into the background so as to protect the eggs/babies!  Our God is an AWESOME God!


No comments: