Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Meeting In The Air



(click title to listen)

You have heard of little Moses in the bull rush
You have heard of fearless David and his sling
You have heard the story told of dreaming Joseph
And of Jonah and the whale you often sing...

There is going to be a meeting in the air
In that sweet, sweet by and by
I am going to meet you, meet you over there
In that home beyond the sky
Such singing you will hear, never heard by mortals ears
Will be glorious, I do de- clare
And God's own son will be the leading one
At that meeting in the air

There are many many others through the bible
I should like to meet them all, I do declare
By and by the lord will surely let us meet them
At that meeting in the air...


AH, my friend!  The closer I get to heaven's shore the more I cannot wait to be there!  Do I hear an AMEN?!  And, surprisingly, it isn't so much about seeing Tim, or dad and mom, or Moses, David, Joseph, Jonah or anyone else, even though that is going to be great, too!  It is all about seeing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!  Finally, face to face!  Can you even imagine?!  He saved me from my original destiny.....hell!  All I can do is ask myself, Why me?  I certainly didn't deserve it!  Verse 5 below answers this question, it was "the good pleasure of His will!"  I am so thankful for that!

Last night, at the ladies' meeting we talked about our spiritual blessings in Christ that are found in Ephesians 1:
3 ¶ Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
15 ¶ Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

The inheritance that awaits us in heaven is just unfathomable!  For all who are IN CHRIST!  How do you get to be IN CHRIST?  If you have realized you are a sinner before a holy God and realize that in and of yourself there is no hope of you ever getting to heaven.....if you have believed that Jesus is the only hope of getting to God the Father through the work He did on the cross as He shed His own blood in your place on your behalf.....if you have repented of your sins and asked God to forgive you.....if you have put your trust in Jesus Christ as your Savior..........you, my friend, are IN CHRIST!!  ALL of these spiritual blessings are yours!  Not to mention the day to day blessings we have!


I've been filling bird feeders with seeds and hanging suet cakes and mealworm cakes for the birds.  FOR THE BIRDS!!  But, I've had to move the feeders and the cakes because of this little guy......
I didn't mind him being on the ground, but.....

.....he didn't stay on the ground!  This is a NO, NO!
I have moved all of the feeders and cakes to the metal clothes line poles.....until I can figure out a better place to put the shepherds hooks.  The photos were taken before I moved the feeders.

I have seen a couple varieties of woodpeckers in Ilene's trees.  This is a female downy woodpecker.  The males have a red spot on the back of their heads.

It's hard to tell but this little guy was a red-headed woodpecker.  We pulled into the driveway and parked the car when Ilene spied him climbing around the tree.  So, I tried to capture him with my phone camera and didn't do a very good job.  He didn't want his picture taken very much!

Stunning color!

I tried to find this bird, but could not.  Looked like one picture of a junco, however, the beak was not dark and the junco was much darker.

Male house finch.

There are 3 mealworm cakes here.  The mealworms are good for the birds in the spring when they are having babies.  This is Mr. House Finch and Mrs. Cardinal.

Chickadee

Mrs. House Finch

What'cha doin?

And the red, red robin goes bob, bob, bobbin' along!

Bluebird


We've had a couple of days in the 60's!  It has been wonderful to be outside without a coat!  Especially after last week's freak snow!




We didn't get much, but it was very cold with some ice.  The whole process started with rain, then turned to sleet and ended with the snow.  Then it reversed itself and soon (a couple of days) it was all gone again!

Time to wind down and prepare for church tomorrow!  Have a great Lord's Day!

No comments: