Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, January 30, 2022

Pine Warbler, a New-to-me Bird!

We went to lunch with Bobby and Joy Smith after church today.  When we got back home I noticed a different bird at the suet feeder that I had not seen before.  So I hurried into the house to get my camera.  Of course the bird was gone when I came back out.  But, I decided to wait to see if it would come back.  It did!  This is a Pine Warbler.  Beautiful!





The thing I have enjoyed about having 3 snows and frigid cold this January is that there seems to be different-than-usual birds visiting my feeders and suet feeder!  

I got the following information about this bird from birdadvisors.com:

Pine Warblers are common yellow birds in North Carolina all year. However, their numbers also swell during March and September, with migrating Pine Warblers passing through.

Pine Warblers are small plump yellow birds with olive backs, yellow throats, chests and upper bellies and white lower bellies, and gray wingbars.  Females can appear browner and have more white on the belly.

Length: 5.1-5.5 in (13-14 cm)

Weight: 0.3-0.5 oz (9-15 g) This is amazing to me!  I think my pinkie finger weighs more than this!

Wingspan: 7.5-9.1 in (19-23 cm)

They breed in Northeastern US states before heading south. Some remain all year in Southeastern US states.

Pine Warblers can be found in pine forests, as their name would suggest, often high up in the trees. They eat caterpillars, beetles, spiders, and other insects and larvae and when the weather is colder, they will eat fruit and seeds.

You can attract more Pine Warblers with tube feeders and platform feeders with millet, cracked corn, sunflower seeds, peanut hearts, and suet.  Also, plant native fruits and vines such as bayberry, grape, sumac, and Virginia creeper.


Friday, January 28th, 2022

Mark is usually up before me, even when he is off work.  First item of business is to feed Asher and let him out and then let Piper out.  On this day Mark saw two hawks in the back; a small one and a bigger one.  The first picture is of the bigger one sitting on the shed.  The second one is of the smaller one perched in the tree.  The third one shows a view of both of them, the bigger one on the shed and the smaller one in the tree.  The fourth picture is of the smaller one but moved from the tree to the top of the sawmill shelter Mark is constructing.

I looked at several different places, but here is a video showing the difference between a Red-shouldered hawk (as seen in our yard) compared to a Red-tailed hawk that has a white breast and a definite red tail.  HERE.  Beautiful creatures!






Here is a scrapbook page I did of our third snow of the month, which is more snow than I think we usually get ALL year here in NC!  I think I've got all of the snow pictures I need!  Let's move on to SPRING!!  

Let it Snow

Journaling reads:  This is our 3rd snow so far this year!  I don’t remember it even snowing 3 times in one year since moving to NC 14 years ago!


Here's the kit information, in case you are interested! 

I placed the dark bg first and layered it with a lighter color and blended it with the overlay mode to make the area lighter behind the photo.  I used one of the paint elements as a photo mask. 

52 Inspirations 2022  https://www.oscraps.com/shop/52-Inspirations-2022/

52-2022-02 Fancy Flakes by Vicki Stegall (snowflake in title) https://www.oscraps.com/shop/52-Inspirations-2022-No-02-Fancy-Flakes-by-Vicki-Stegall.html

52-2022-04 Today Scrapbook Kit by Vicki Stegall  https://www.oscraps.com/shop/52-Inspirations-2022-No-04-Today-Scrapbook-Kit-by-Vicki-Stegall.html

Font for title is Beautiful Regular

Photo is mine


Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great week!

 


No comments: