Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, July 16, 2010

Another Week Gone!

What happened to this week?! How time flies when you are OLD and having fun, too! :) I just LOVE being able to stay home! While I can't spend money out the wazoo like I used to do when we lived in WV and I was working full time, it is not a problem! Take the bitter with the sweet, as they say, however, not spending money all the time is only bitter when I can't buy for the grandkids the way I used to do! :) I guess they will live! :)

Well, I'll try to catch up a bit from the week, if I can remember it all, lol!
Tuesday
Up at 6:30 to get ready so we could get Tim's car to the windshield repair shop by 8 a.m. The shop called and said the windshield they had ordered for the car was chipped, so they had to order another one, but it would be in by 10:30. We were able to pick up the car by noon, as promised!
In the afternoon, after lunch, I returned to the fellowship hall to finish the VBS logo for the front of the auditorium. I worked on it the rest of the afternoon, until about 4:30 and then fixed dinner. We had hamburgers with pepper jack cheese (which is the cheese of choice these days, even for Tim!). I also fixed the new baked beans made with black beans called "Fiesta Baked Beans" cuz they have corn and other things in them and are spicy and REALLY good! I think they would be good to use in chili, too! I also opened a can of German Potato Salad. I like it warm, but Tim does not, so I did not heat them up. He ate a few bites, but ended up eating the rest of the regular potato salad he had bought at Walmart while I was at Jessica's. Then I returned to the fellowship hall to put the finishing touches on the VBS logo.

The rest of the evening was spent fighting with the computer going off and on due to the thunderstorms we were having! There were tornado warnings all around us, but more north and west of us. We got a TON of rain, which we needed desperately! The grass is so much more green now after the rains through the week!
Wednesday
Honestly, I don't think I did a thing but play work on the new kit I'm working on, besides church! When I got groceries on Monday, I saw a turkey roast with mesquite flavoring, so I baked it tonight for dinner. The spices on the outside were too spicy, but the inside was delicious and very moist. Tim was not crazy about it, however!
The teacher of the primaries for VBS last year signed up to teach the Juniors this year, which is the class I taught last year. One of the ladies at church signed up tonight to teach the primary class for VBS, which I thought I was going to have to teach. And, I still might have to if her back doesn't get straightened out by that time. She has lots of back pain and has to get steroid shots every 4 months. She said she was not committing to it 100% at this time because of her back, but she is praying that the LORD will give her much relief because she loves teaching that class! So, I am praying that the LORD makes her back better. I told her I would plan to be her backup and I went ahead and gave her the teaching materials. I hope I don't have to worry about it because I will be working with all the crafts this year. The girl who did it last year is not attending the church any more, unfortunately!
Thursday
Our normal day of thrift store hopping. We left the house at 10:30 and were back by 2:30, maybe. We just didn't want to sit around here and do the same thing we normally do through the week, especially since that involves church work for Tim. He wanted to take the whole day off! So, we decided we would try to find a place to eat Chinese for dinner and went back out to some more thrift stores around and ended up at the Chinese diner. It was not great, unfortunately! We really like to do the Chinese buffets so you can get a variety of items. This place was a hole in the wall with a few tables, but they geared more to carry out. It was all good, but we were disappointed because of what we really wanted! But, we brought home lots of left overs!
Friday
Tomorrow we are leaving in the morning for WV as Tim is preaching the homecoming services at Cochran's Creek Baptist Church, which is way out in the boonies! So, today I have been working.

I stripped the bedding so I could do the laundry today. And I found a set of sheets at the thrift store for $5 (no pillow cases, however) last week, so it was good to be able to make the bed right away, instead of having to wait and mess with it later today because the sheets are always the last load I do. It is no problem that the set had no pillow cases because the set is white with black and gray stripes through it, so I'll just use whatever I have. I don't give a hoot that they don't match, anyway!
While the first load of laundry was washing, I emptied the dishwasher and began filling it again with the few dishes that had collected yesterday and today, mostly cereal bowls! Next, I swept the dining, kitchen and my bathroom floors. Then I filled the kitchen sink with some Mr. Clean Lavender Scent cleaner and water and mopped the floors I had just swept. And, don't you know, the first thing Tim does when he comes home for lunch is to drop a plastic container of left over chili right on my clean kitchen floor! We just both laughed as he cleaned it up with napkins and then I just wiped the rest of it up with my already damp rag. Problem solved! (Did I mention that I don't mop the "normal" way? See the picture below!) I HATE my swifter! I HATE using a sponge mop! My favorite thing to use is the old string/yarn mops, but I HATE messing with them, too! So, this method is the easiest for me! To each their own, you know! :)
OK, so it is 1:10 and I'm listening to Christian radio and the dryer and washer going and the rest of cleaning I need to do (sweeping the carpet and dusting) will wait for another day! Tim wants to go to Walmart to pick up some drinks for the cooler for tomorrow's trip. I'm sure we will end up with some snacks, too! Plus, he wants to get some cranberry sauce for leftover turkey sandwiches. I won't have to fix dinner tonight because we are going to eat left overs. So, besides the laundry and playing on the computer the rest of the afternoon, I'm done for the day!

SaturdayI'll go ahead and post this because I know I won't be around to do it tomorrow.
We will leave for WV in the morning, either right after visitation, or as everyone else is leaving for visitation. So, I'll be up early to pack. And, you know one of the things I NEVER leave home without is my computer (not to mention our pillows, lol)! So, if there is internet where we are going, which I doubt, I'll maybe check in tomorrow. But, mainly, I want to try to finish the new kit I am working on!

Love you all!


Not only do I have clean floors, I have clean feet and everything, including my feet, smell like lavender! :)

2 comments:

jessicaday said...

I hate mopping too, and have yet to find a way that I like and that really works. Maybe I'll try your method - your floors look really clean. (I like your flip flop tan!) :-)

Anonymous said...

You're mopping technique cracks me up! Ya know what? They make slippers, I just saw at walmart the other day that are made for "dusting" your hardwood floors! I told Kayla if we ever get the hard floors I want, I'm getting those for all of us!!! LOL